Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You bet, and the diminishing attendances reflect this.  Whilst there are specific issues surrounding this weekend's fixture, this is only a higher profile example of the reactive day-to-day running of the football club.  It is utterly dispiriting to watch our support melt away in frustration, but really who can blame them ?  We have one Director who gets the public-facing thing but in my view he is often marginalised.

Now now OK. Our attendances are not diminishing so less of that or I'll sound the H J horn.

Falkirk fans be like...
ticket-615762.jpg.404677409acecba02f7548a6cc9edf89.jpg

Aye, maybe some Dumbarton supporters too based on the Facebook posts.

Surely you cannot think that this is good management at your club?

Even some other Sons supporters on here have raised concerns re management practices?

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Aye, maybe some Dumbarton supporters too based on the Facebook posts.

Surely you cannot think that this is good management at your club?

Even some other Sons supporters on here have raised concerns re management practices?

I don't care too much to be honest. I'm a season ticket and this is a one off situation which wasn't really in our control. Yeah, it is inconvenient and I would love it to be easier for everyone involved, but for this one game I don't see much of an issue with the reasonable solution we have put in place.

I'm not sure it says anywhere that the address has to be local actually. So for the Facebook stuff posted before, if someone can't make it to the ground by the cut off, it wouldn't have made any difference if it was for a ticket or a voucher. We have to ticket the game because Falkirk couldn't see off Queen of the South properly last week. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Because if, as SD has said, a Falkirk player had scored in injury time on Saturday then the attendance for this wouldn't justify the expense and hassle of going all ticket. Falkirk have never got close to selling out the Rock prior to this, so I hadn't even considered it to be honest.

What does it matter if you or I considered it? 

Clubs in Scotland live in the moment. Little forward thinking far less planning. It says all you want to know about the game in this country if there are 500 empty seats on Saturday.

What chance has the game got if it can't organise itself to get fans who want to get into a ground?

Other industries would look at this farce and laugh at it.

As far as it not being Dumbarton's fault I kind of struggle to see whose else's fault it is. They know they have a hard core of 700 or so leaving 1300 seats. If they don't have a contingency to cope with that my first point is valid. The voucher thing is neither here nor there for me.

I am fortunate I have one. I feel sorry for our regular away fans who don't especially as there will like be loads of empty seats.

Jesus f**k :lol::lol: 

The drama, the scandal, THE OUTRAGE! 

Seriously boays, you are acting like the Kardashians of Scottish football. Simmer the f**k down. No c***s been shafted, about 4 of our fans are greetin on Facebook cause they think proof of address means you can't get in when you reside elsewhere. 

Pray 4 shafted Dton fans and inconvencied Falkirk Kardashians.

Guest Back Post Misses
Jesus f**k :lol::lol: 
The drama, the scandal, THE OUTRAGE! 
Seriously boays, you are acting like the Kardashians of Scottish football. Simmer the f**k down. No c***s been shafted, about 4 of our fans are greetin on Facebook cause they think proof of address means you can't get in when you reside elsewhere. 
Pray 4 shafted Dton fans and inconvencied Falkirk Kardashians.

Sums up what footballs think about fans. You the Dumbarton Chairman?

Guest Back Post Misses

Stop being over dramatic.

You are the one bring drama into with the kardashian stuff [emoji23]

I just don't get why clubs would not do everything to fill their ground when they have the opportunity? It is just another example of the contempt clubs have for fans in general.

I'm assuming that our fans on Facebook don't have access to a telephone? I'd imagine a wee call to the club would probably be enough to reserved a ticket or 3.

Lol @ people thinking the proof of address thing is to stop people from outside of G82. It's an SPFL ruling. A horrible, stupid, criminalising ruling. But not our fault.

Certainly doesn't 'sour my season'.

Question - sorry if already asked.

what would post match posts be like if game proceeded as normal but 50 falkirk fans travelled through and couldn't get in or dumbarton fan from East Kilbride (facebook) couldn't get in because falkirk fans were in home end.

agree with bbpf . Need to calm down 

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm assuming that our fans on Facebook don't have access to a telephone? I'd imagine a wee call to the club would probably be enough to reserved a ticket or 3.

Lol @ people thinking the proof of address thing is to stop people from outside of G82. It's an SPFL ruling. A horrible, stupid, criminalising ruling. But not our fault.

Certainly doesn't 'sour my season'.

Would there have been anyone there to answer it?

Guest Back Post Misses

We've gone over all this. For days.

Maybe so but football in this country never seems to learn and club wonder why fans don't go.

Guest Back Post Misses

If, like any other business, you call during opening hours then yes.

Thought you shut two days a week?

We have 3 ffc season tickets and would all like to have gone on Saturday but couldn't get through to falkirk for vouchers. I have no issue with how the sons and falkirk have handled this but it would be a real shame if there were empty seats on the day when there are so many fans on both sides keen to be there. A few hundred empty seats averaging 15 pounds a ticket and other add one is a lot of money to miss out on.

Archived