Dumbarton v Falkirk

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I do accept your point here but surely supporters in this day and age can understand how important revenue is to smaller clubs finances.

To respond in the same way that Sons fans feel about Falkirk supporters predicament ....it's only moving your seat to another part of the same stand for god,s sake. It not as if they will be missing the game!

When we travel to other grounds we get put into every wee corner the home team can find, which is fine by me, they aren't meant to be pandering to us. Why are we expected to pander to you? 

You got the full away end and some of your fans even took up our excellent hospitality, you'll likely have more fans there than us. If some have missed out then it's obviously annoying but these shouts for us to surrender every area of the ground are getting tedious. Plus, you'll still be able to see your team again in the play-offs, is it really the end of the world?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

When Dumbarton move what is the intended set up? Another one stand thing?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes I am not a fan of moving season ticket holders. It's not fair.

I was thinking 2000 - 700 = 1300 for us but you've explained why it's not as easy as that.

Cheers.

Take your measured, reasonable response and find another thread, thank you ;)

PS greenied for measuredness and reasonableness .

Come Saturday 230. Despite all that's been reported etc there willl be someone from falkirk and more likely a sons non season ticket regular who will turn up expecting to get in without a voucher and create merry hell when they can get in. 

It gappened v dundee Utd and hibs earlier this season despite the no match day sales message .

You know what disappoints me about this response is that it's supporters of really small clubs who turn up no matter what to support their team, who I admire greatly, but somehow they don't seem to get it when another smallish teams' supporters cannot get entry to a game of real significance to them.

Seriously, if Dumbarton were in with a realistic chance of getting to the playoffs with one game to go and you could not get tickets despite there being spare capacity would you not be a bit p****d off?

Where have all these 'supporters' been the previous times you've visited the rock? Nowhere to be seen! Now there is a 'tiny' bit of glory on the line you all crawl out the woodwork moaning about the perfectly fair and only way to distribute tickets! Maybe if these 'fans' had appeared before and we had an understanding that Falkirk may actually sell out their allocation then this issue may not have arrived! The game isn't even that big! You still need to negotiate the play offs so I still don't see the big deal! Potentially avoid 2 extra games against a Morton side who have imploded and could be beaten by our under 14's on current form!
My apologies to any decent Falkirk fans who understand the issues with ticketing etc. To the rest who keep moaning, my previous statement stands, dry your eyes!

1 hour ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I guess you'll suffer from the OF drain as much as anyone, but do sons have any plans to go FT off the back of your solid performances and consolidate in the championship? 

It would be good to see

Honestly can't see us going F/T Senator, as to the 2nd point, we already seem to be a Championship side, our 6th consecutive season awaits.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Definitely 1 stand. Maybe 2. At a push 3. And if we make all the money that we say we will from our new facilities then we'll build 4.

34 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Where have all these 'supporters' been the previous times you've visited the rock? Nowhere to be seen! Now there is a 'tiny' bit of glory on the line you all crawl out the woodwork moaning about the perfectly fair and only way to distribute tickets! Maybe if these 'fans' had appeared before and we had an understanding that Falkirk may actually sell out their allocation then this issue may not have arrived! The game isn't even that big! You still need to negotiate the play offs so I still don't see the big deal! Potentially avoid 2 extra games against a Morton side who have imploded and could be beaten by our under 14's on current form!
My apologies to any decent Falkirk fans who understand the issues with ticketing etc. To the rest who keep moaning, my previous statement stands, dry your eyes!

I don't think I'm part of the moaning brigade your post is aimed at (mainly because I got my voucher ;)) but I would disagree with you on a couple of points 

Firstly, these aren't exactly glory hunters or fair-weather fans that have missed out on tickets. We do take around 6-700 to our away games in this division (more like 400 at QotS), and more than that to Dunfermline and Hibs. I appreciate we've never sold out at Dumbarton before but it's a fixture I usually attend and we do come fairly close whenever we aren't on alba/playing shite. We did have 800 up at Tannadice and 1500 at EEP for our last couple of matches on the road 

Secondly, having seen us in the play-offs a couple of times I'd argue it's absolutely crucial for our promotion ambitions to finish 2nd. Avoiding an extra round of play-off matches really could make all the difference 

What Dumbarton have done is sensible (and as someone mentioned no doubt influenced by the police) to ensure both sets of supporters enjoy the match 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

4,000 capacity incorporating seating and terracing. The floodlights looked very good, sputnik/futuristic. Wish I could link to the 'artists impression' graphics but they appear to have disappeared. Should have seen the crowds queueing up to get in.

On-site facilities including Function Suites, Gymnasium, Spa, 4g pitches, Restaurant, Bars, Hotel, Office space, Conference Facilities & most likely a Robert the Bruce Heritage Museum since he was born/lived/died* in a nearby hill or tree.

*Delete as appropriate

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

4,000 capacity incorporating seating and terracing. The floodlights looked very good, sputnik/futuristic. Wish I could link to the 'artists impression' graphics but they appear to have disappeared. Should have seen the crowds queueing up to get in.

On-site facilities including Function Suites, Gymnasium, Spa, 4g pitches, Restaurant, Bars, Hotel, Office space, Conference Facilities & most likely a Robert the Bruce Heritage Museum since he was born/lived/died* in a nearby hill or tree.

*Delete as appropriate

This one? Looks really smart, how far along the process is it to becoming reality?

JS104697721.jpg

Hmmm, I note you did not answer the question posed?

As I said I have a voucher already so not an issue personally.

I really hope your club stays out of any future financial challenges.

If my club was not taking the opportunities available to maximise rare revenue generation I would certainly not be happy.

I will stop 'moaning' now...[emoji16]

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hmmm, I note you did not answer the question posed.

As I said I have a voucher already so not an issue personally.

I really hope your club stays out of any future financial challenges.

If my club was not taking the opportunities available to maximise rare revenue generation opportunities, I would certainly hope that they utilise them.

I will stop 'moaning' now...emoji16.png

i didnt agree with us giving the **** half the stadium, they should have been restricted to the north stand absolute riddy for the club.

i didnt agree with us giving the **** half the stadium, they should have been restricted to the north stand absolute riddy for the club.

Are you happy to accept the club losing say £100k of potential revenue for the sake of moving some supporters who still get to see the game?

Like you I detest the OF but I am quite happy that my club exploits them for every last penny as that's how they treat every other club accordingly..,.

18 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This one? Looks really smart, how far along the process is it to becoming reality?

JS104697721.jpg

That's the one.

It's err, well, it's still at the em, planning stages......

I honestly see another 1-stand job, on a well-known floodplain with a training pitch.

Are you happy to accept the club losing say £100k of potential revenue for the sake of moving some supporters who still get to see the game?

Like you I detest the OF but I am quite happy that my club exploits them for every last penny as that's how they treat every other club accordingly..,.

They took half the main stand extra which is 2000 seats we pretty much sold out home seats and probably could have shifted more if we hadn't given them away but even if we couldn't that would only be 37k to effectively lose the home advantage.

They took half the main stand extra which is 2000 seats we pretty much sold out home seats and probably could have shifted more if we hadn't given them away but even if we couldn't that would only be 37k to effectively lose the home advantage.

My working was on the basis of two fixtures and associated income from programmes etc though.

Archived