Dumbarton v Falkirk

5 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Why is JinkyBairn permanently seething about everything (other than when he said thanks to us for getting a draw at Tannadice a couple of days ago)? With a bit of luck he won't have to worry about it next season as Falkirk are certain to be in the Premiership where they belong, aren't they?

who the f**k is this roaster?

i seriously hope we turn up and fucking demolish your diddy club into the ground.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Get it right up yeez.

Your board should've informed us sooner that they expect a large crowd. Instead they release unprofessional, tear stained bitch statements. We clearly don't have time to print tickets and pander to their drama queen needs.

Our 2000 capacity stadium has been sold out TWICE in our entire time in the Championship and Falkirk haven't even come close to filling it in the past.

We shouldn't be going out of our way to accomodate other teams IMO.

Agreed; you're a small club with a small fan base who, in the general scheme of things, are punching above their weight. Building a bigger stadium would be folly unless you were able to get promotion and look like you may stay there for a while.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The proof of address is a new ticket buying regulation introduced by the SFA/SPFL or whoever makes the rules.

Just because you don't live in Dumbarton doesn't mean you don't get one. It's a surveillance thing.

Those were my thoughts initially but on the Dumbarton website it says you exchange your voucher and cash at the turnstile. 

Unless you're buying a printed ticket from the club surely giving them your address will have no benefit whatsoever? 

ETA, it's actually a bit unclear "The voucher will be presented to the turnstile operator in exchange for cash."

9 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Embarassing from the club to have a pop at Dumbarton too.

I'd read it as defending themselves against the abuse they'll get from some of the roasters who follow us and think the world should revolve around them.

Those were my thoughts initially but on the Dumbarton website it says you exchange your voucher and cash at the turnstile. 
Unless you're buying a printed ticket from the club surely giving them your address will have no benefit whatsoever? 

I agree, I can only assume it's a formality type of thing. I certainly can't see it being so we can weed out those who don't reside in Dumbarton and refuse them entry.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'd read it as defending themselves against the abuse they'll get from some of the roasters who follow us and think the world should revolve around them.

Possibly and I understand that but think they've gone a bit OTT with it.

6 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

who the f**k is this roaster?

i seriously hope we turn up and fucking demolish your diddy club into the ground.

As I said earlier, permanently seething. Thanks for underlining my point. Must be really embarrassing to have a diddy club take four points from you already this season.

4 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

As I said earlier, permanently seething. Thanks for underlining my point. Must be really embarrassing to have a diddy club take four points from you already this season.

Every point we've dropped against The Sons is the ultimate embarrassment sir.

Guest Back Post Misses

Apparently Dumbarton close two days a week. Do they not have a full time staff behind the scenes? Question not a dig.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree, I can only assume it's a formality type of thing. I certainly can't see it being so we can weed out those who don't reside in Dumbarton and refuse them entry.

Great, thanks

Our away days info page doesn't seem to think it will be a problem and it's usually pretty clued up about such matters 

5908bec8c4bcc_ScreenShot2017-05-02at18_12_41.png.255a096f365650572b9b69bd0ad1cb2a.png

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Apparently Dumbarton close two days a week. Do they not have a full time staff behind the scenes? Question not a dig.

You surmise correctly. However, there will be a full time team of ancillary staff running the Robert The Bruce Visitor Centre when our new stadium opens at Dalmoak.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nope. 

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought it was an SPFL thing, seem to remember a few Pars fans bringing it up on here a while back.

Edit: Here 

48 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

What exactly does proof of address mean? Are Dumbarton going to refuse entry to a home fan without a Dumbarton address?

And stop selling vouchers at 1.30?

Pretty mental imo 

Proof of address won't change a thing. There was a guy came to a previous all ticket match who was from Germany, he gave his German address and got a ticket no problem. If Falkirk fans were to get home end vouchers they won't be knocked back and there will be plenty of those available. Agree that we should be selling up to kick off but we've always stopped selling on match day early for all ticket games for some strange reason, the cut off is usually earlier than that too. Now I can't condone such things as breaking segregation rules and buying tickets for the wrong end, but I doubt there will be any issue.

43 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I'm not bothered. Does the game really mean that much?

I don't really mind if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

Embarassing from the club to have a pop at Dumbarton too.

It's a bit of a carry on I admit but I also don't see the need for the finger pointing from Falkirk. Its Dumbarton v Falkirk in the last game of the season which is fairly meaningless (Falkirk will have an eye on the play offs and we'll be happy to just stumble over the line), how many people are really going to miss out? Barely any.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No we don't. We're a part time club, there isn't really any need for full time staff.

Also, JinkyBairn :lol:

Why do we continually make it as difficult as possible to go and watch a game of football these days. Surely you can't tell me that Dumbarton can't get a few hundred tickets printed within a couple of days? And why not just charge for the bloomin vouchers instead of getting one and then still having to pay at the bloomin gate. I have no problem with Dumbarton capacity it does for 90 % of games but surely a better procedure could be used for the few games when tickets are in high demand.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why do we continually make it as difficult as possible to go and watch a game of football these days. Surely you can't tell me that Dumbarton can't get a few hundred tickets printed within a couple of days? And why not just charge for the bloomin vouchers instead of getting one and then still having to pay at the bloomin gate. I have no problem with Dumbarton capacity it does for 90 % of games but surely a better procedure could be used for the few games when tickets are in high demand.

Normally it is. When Dundee United, Hibs, Rangers etc have visited we've had tickets on sale in advance. I'd assume that the late notice from Falkirk that they are expecting a far bigger turnout than usual is what's casued this. 

Looking at the fixture list I wouldn't have, for one minute, even considered that we'd have had to make this all ticket.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There was a lady there who I believe used to be fulltime but who left the club and is now at Morton. I've no idea if they replaced her.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was a lady there who I believe used to be fulltime but who left the club and is now at Morton. I've no idea if they replaced her.

I'm not sure if Antonia was even full-time. The stadium has certainly only been open three (iirc) days a week for as long as I can remember.

Archived