Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't mention any additional allocation 
5908a0cd130db_ScreenShot2017-05-02at16_07_21.png.76ffcb57dd2cc829f599903a3c82c6d1.png
Last part of the statement reads as pretty scathing of DFC tbh 

I've no idea if it'll be cash gates or whatever, but I'd recommend just coming in the home end and behaving. I remember having Peterhead, Raith and Brechin fans in with us a few seasons a go and it was quite good fun.

The Rangers fans, not so much.

Not quite sure what else we could be expected to do tbqh. We've shared a league for 5 seasons, and this is the first time Falkirk will be close to selling out their allocation. Saves anybody being stranded out on the streets come Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Doesn't mention any additional allocation 

5908a0cd130db_ScreenShot2017-05-02at16_07_21.png.76ffcb57dd2cc829f599903a3c82c6d1.png

Last part of the statement reads as pretty scathing of DFC tbh 

Some of the DFC board show absolute contempt for Dumbarton fans, so it's highly unlikely that they'll want to do anything to be positive to opposition fans either.

They probably wish it was a closed-doors game tbh.

I've no idea if it'll be cash gates or whatever, but I'd recommend just coming in the home end and behaving. I remember having Peterhead, Raith and Brechin fans in with us a few seasons a go and it was quite good fun.

The Rangers fans, not so much.

Not quite sure what else we could be expected to do tbqh. We've shared a league for 5 seasons, and this is the first time Falkirk will be close to selling out their allocation. Saves anybody being stranded out on the streets come Saturday afternoon.

Just sell tickets via FFC. Bizarre to use "vouchers" and then ask people to pay on the day anyway.

In all seriousness as well btw 2,000 capacity is a nonsense at this level. Fair play on staying in the league repeatedly with a small budget and park of course but most Junior teams have bigger stadiums.

What we need is an 4000 capacity all seater stadium built on a floodplain in the middle of nowhere outside the town!
That way all the Falkirk fans could be accommodated!
If only our board would come up with such a plan........

Just sell tickets via FFC. Bizarre to use "vouchers" and then ask people to pay on the day anyway.

In all seriousness as well btw 2,000 capacity is a nonsense at this level. Fair play on staying in the league repeatedly with a small budget and park of course but most Junior teams have bigger stadiums.

Get it right up yeez.

Your board should've informed us sooner that they expect a large crowd. Instead they release unprofessional, tear stained bitch statements. We clearly don't have time to print tickets and pander to their drama queen needs.

Our 2000 capacity stadium has been sold out TWICE in our entire time in the Championship and Falkirk haven't even come close to filling it in the past.

We shouldn't be going out of our way to accomodate other teams IMO.

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Dumbarton operating a voucher scheme for non ST holders, must provide proof of address.
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2989

Proof of address? Does that mean that someone who claims to be a Dumbarton supporter, but lives in Glasgow, won't get in?

If I were a Falkirk fan who didn't have a ticket, I'd scrounge an electricity bill from a pal / workmate / relative who lived in the West of Scotland and get through early enough on Saturday to get my voucher.

9 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Why is Dumbarton's stadium so fucking tiny and pathetic?

League 2 stuff.

Why is JinkyBairn permanently seething about everything (other than when he said thanks to us for getting a draw at Tannadice a couple of days ago)? With a bit of luck he won't have to worry about it next season as Falkirk are certain to be in the Premiership where they belong, aren't they?

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Get it right up yeez.

Your board should've informed us sooner that they expect a large crowd. Instead they release unprofessional, tear stained bitch statements. We clearly don't have time to print tickets and pander to their drama queen needs.

Our 2000 capacity stadium has been sold out TWICE in our entire time in the Championship and Falkirk haven't even come close to filling it in the past.

We shouldn't be going out of our way to accomodate other teams IMO.

At least we know where their board stands on Brexit...

Archived