Carabao Cup

MEADOWXI

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Draw delayed until 5pm due to technical glitch.

I wonder if there will be a single round when they don't f**k up the draw?

Still hopeful that Villa might end up in the Semis.

they must be doing this deliberately as some kind of publicity stunt thing by now, surely ?

i'm particularly looking forward to the draw for the final....

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

even more staggering that the fourth official isn't explicitly aware of the regulation, and simply does not permit any potential "second substitution" in extra time

That's a very good point. They wouldn't be allowed to bring on a 4th sub during a 90 minute game so why were they allowed to break the rules here. That'll doubtless be their defence...it wasn't our fault, nobody stopped us.

Even then the draw wasn't done "live" they did a recorded version. How do we know they didn't keep recording versions until they got the one they wanted?

Pretty shite draw. The three twattiest teams all kept apart. Bristol City are invincible, except when I want them to win, so they'll lose heavily.

I think at the time it was mentioned that it was in response to teams having made all three then having players get injured or tired in ET but having no way to change it - it was all in the interests of player safety. I agree that they should get to use them whenever they want but it looks like the EFL have used the initial draft of the rule in their competition rules?

• 1 month later...
This competition has now well and truly entered 'complete joke' territory. When it's the quarter finals and even the likes of Leicester and West Ham are putting out almost full reserve sides it's just become a farce.

I can partly understand West Ham, they have the usual festive load of fixtures to come, and sitting just above the bottom 3 you can see why are prioritising the league fixtures as they could potentially have a big say on whether they stay up or go down. Can't fathom Leicester though, sitting well placed in the league and very unlikely to be battling the drop, but they make 7 changes. Mental.

come one - come on - get these last two games out of the way so the real entertainment can get under way - shtting msyelf with excitement down here !

who are charlton going to get - is Bully Wee Villa still in with a chance of seeing his two favourite teams contest a major cup final - whats dates are the dance-offs for the losing quarter finalists - questions - questions - isn't it fantastic !

Archived