CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

8 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Sorry to butt in - but I'd like to comment on the games so far.

We've beaten Airdrie, Annan and Dumbarton - all of whom finished higher than us last season. And we finished the section above 2 of the other 4 teams.

We lost to the bookies favourites for Divsion 1, lost heavily to my favourites for Division 1, and gave a good account of ourselves against a Premiership team.

The manager has given game time to most of the squad.

The team looks a lot more organised (would that be difficult) than last season.

We've scored in every game so far (and lost goals too - before anybody points that out).

We've already lost players to injury, suspension and suffered horrendous refereeing decisions (anybody who was at Rugby Park knows that's true).

Every player looks as if he wants to play for the jersey, and win.

I think we'll be watching a team that will compete in every game, and will be much better to watch. The manager will see to that.

Hopefully my comments aren't too positive for some.

The one negative I have - is the Keeper. He hasn't impressed so far, but on the basis he was named in the League 2 team of the year He must be capable of more than I've seen from him so far.

Looking forward to the new season, particularly winning some money backing 3-2, 4-2 wins ;).

Agreed. If we can improve at the back, adding to the squad or organisation with what we have and keep hold and fit of Goodwillie, we should do well this season. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde4ever your comments about the ref at Kilmarnock are spot on.A few years ago Charleston was a neighbour of mine and when I ran in to him on the Sunday after he had reffed a game at Broadwood and jokingly queried some of his decisions his response was interesting.Aloof and arrogant and amazed that a foot soldier such as me could question his decision making.

Good to see that we have got back to talking about football.I think we will score goals this season and hopefully Smart and Goodwillie strike up some sort of partnership and that Easton eventually shows us some of his old Annan form.

Has anyone else noticed how the ball seems to bounce erratically off the Broadwood surface? Next home look out for it and how in particular McNiff struggles.

Meantime,looking forward to the trip down to Berwick next week.It is time that we improved our record down  there.

Wishing ALL Clyde fans a happier and successful season.

Well I'll be there! Maybe the Berwick stewards will introduce segregation. Not us v Berwick fans but to stop Clyde fans- the "trues " and the "not so trues "-kicking off! Think I'll drink quite heavily on the way up. Looking forward to a healthy debate. Any FBI wannabes up for it?

Oh no. Remember, we didn't own that ground either but it is where I first saw Clyde. But then, other "true" fans may have started at Douglas Park, Firhill or Broadwood! A definition would be good.

(Barrowfield seems a bit of a stretch)

Oh no. Remember, we didn't own that ground either but it is where I first saw Clyde. But then, other "true" fans may have started at Douglas Park, Firhill or Broadwood! A definition would be good.

How about East Kilbride, Shettleston and Glencairn?

1 hour ago, maxruby said:

Well I'll be there! Maybe the Berwick stewards will introduce segregation. Not us v Berwick fans but to stop Clyde fans- the "trues " and the "not so trues "-kicking off! Think I'll drink quite heavily on the way up. Looking forward to a healthy debate. Any FBI wannabes up for it?

We'll drink all yer whisky and Newcastle brown the Shawfield boys are in Town! 

David Goodwillies Gypsy Army 

Clyde4ever your comments about the ref at Kilmarnock are spot on.A few years ago Charleston was a neighbour of mine and when I ran in to him on the Sunday after he had reffed a game at Broadwood and jokingly queried some of his decisions his response was interesting.Aloof and arrogant and amazed that a foot soldier such as me could question his decision making.
Good to see that we have got back to talking about football.I think we will score goals this season and hopefully Smart and Goodwillie strike up some sort of partnership and that Easton eventually shows us some of his old Annan form.
Has anyone else noticed how the ball seems to bounce erratically off the Broadwood surface? Next home look out for it and how in particular McNiff struggles.
Meantime,looking forward to the trip down to Berwick next week.It is time that we improved our record down  there.
Wishing ALL Clyde fans a happier and successful season.

By the way HH just joined the glee club ( membership )
So step aside Norrie coming through [emoji6]

You know what, and this will no doubt please many, I'll leave it.
Numerous posts, with numerous chances to back up your stance - none taken, just deflection, personal insults and word salad.
Thank God, the views of you and very few others on here are not representative of true Clyde Supporters.
Ba Bye!

True Clyde fans are they the same as real Clyde fans [emoji23]

Maybe you and your other "true Clyde fans " could write a guide on how to be a "true Clyde fan" it would helps us non true Clyde fans become "true Clyde fans "

Sounds like a right good turn out heading for Berwick [emoji106]
Would like a centre half brought in but unlikely
Would also like burbridge to get a start along with wright if they simply the ammunition goodwillie will score a barrel load this season

1 hour ago, maxruby said:

Think the Barrowfield crew are long gone.

6 minutes ago, maxruby said:

You been in the Exec Suite at all? Two guys were discussing how to cross a ball so that the lace was away from the centre forward's heid last season!

Those electric heaters were great in the stand at Shawfield.

1 minute ago, maxruby said:

You went in the Stand? Posh or what?

The term stand should be used loosely.

Remember watching highlights on STV of a long forgotten game and the old man spending the 20 minutes pointing out London Rd in the distance.

Effin bizarre what you remember.

Archived