CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

Ha ha ha! The difference being we've been fighting at the top while you just scrape by!
Currie was in League 2 team of the year last season while Breslin played left back when with us. He wasn't at Annan long though.
The real difference between Annan and Clyde are now just the strips as you have most our players.

You're right, Ayr pumped Annan 5-1 yesterday :(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it was the Annan fans that put a level on the players that left for new pastures. That was down to the ever optimistic Clyde fans on this and other social sites that placed these players on a pedestal above reality. Remember, these players were acquired from the same league as you are in and couldn't get out of it when at Annan so it's unfair to put them under unrealistic pressure.
The boys are undoubtedly decent players at their level but they all have aspects of their all round performance that could be better though they have enough in them to achieve a play off place especially with Goodwillie alongside.
I will not go into detail but the obvious questions are now being asked I notice.
Chapman played Nicol at Centre back and that is where he will probably find himself. Breslin played well at right back but was not effective inside but that is as far as any discussion regarding the players will go. I will leave that up to the Clyde fans with whom I have always enjoyed a pleasant relationship.

1 minute ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Don't be dense, ADC. This over-simplifying is a huge part of the problem in even trying to discuss it. 

The majority of people just want to enjoy watching their team, preferably aspiring to be as succesful as possible. Whether or not they involve themselves in the politics, when the football is shite, and there is a fresh Bogeyman every four to six months holding back the 'club vision', even the most placid individual can think 'f**k this, that's enough'. The snowball effect of this basically leaves the absence of those lapsed supporters being given as an extension of the reason for the terminal decline.

Those who do become involved in it, and fall on the wrong side, are treated with more contempt than the club thinks it shows towards its locale every timevit talks of leaving, and thats saying something. 

Football is meant to be about the players, not about funny little men in blazers and certainly not something to guilt trip people over. 

Dense, dumb - just wanted to clarify.

2 hours ago, Neilly Hood said:

Watched Highlights We Were Very Very poor. We Will Not Be Going Up This Season. Need New Players.

I wouldn't say so, defensively you need to strengthen, particularly in the full-back areas, but you played well enough until we went 3-1 up and ran away with it.

We are absolutely flying so far after horsing Killie, so last night was always going to be a tough ask. Your players lost heart as we extended our lead but it's worth remembering that you played on Saturday whereas we didn't. We are also full time and well ahead of any team you'll face in League 2 this year.

13 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

To what end, exactly? I'm not a spokesman, merely giving my opinion based on fairly clear evidence. This seems a bit one-sided, does it not? What does AgentDaleCooper think? 

Your opinion was that you knew the thoughts of 500 who don't believe a version of events emanating from Alexander. If that's not what you were saying - apologies, hence the request for clarification.

Annan fans made out as if Breslin & Currie are world class players, just shows you the difference between a club like Clyde compared to Annan... Chappy get us out this fuckin league 

The difference between Clyde and Annan.
Annan made the playoffs, Clyde were fighting relegation.

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Am i on trial here, you crawling weirdo? 

If you like! Definition of an argument is a discussion in which the parties involved express disagreement with one another; a debate:

So far you have only had a debate with yourself, ignoring what you blatantly stated, attempted to substantiate the statement you never said, whilst accusing me of wanting your fingers broken, and being a perpetrator of snidey bullshit. 

If there's a debate to be had - let's have it.

John Alexander has now left the board.

Some think he was good for the club, some think he was bad. No one is changing their view one way or the other.

He's gone!

Can we move on now?

Obviously the answer is NAW.

4 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I wouldn't say so, defensively you need to strengthen, particularly in the full-back areas, but you played well enough until we went 3-1 up and ran away with it.

We are absolutely flying so far after horsing Killie, so last night was always going to be a tough ask. Your players lost heart as we extended our lead but it's worth remembering that you played on Saturday whereas we didn't. We are also full time and well ahead of any team you'll face in League 2 this year.

A few good points in there. I don't know what some people are expecting at this stage with a whole new squad of players. These games surely are being used mainly for preparation for the season ahead, from what i have seen so far i am quite content that we have the makings of something half decent for league 2.

A few good points in there. I don't know what some people are expecting at this stage with a whole new squad of players. These games surely are being used mainly for preparation for the season ahead, from what i have seen so far i am quite content that we have the makings of something half decent for league 2.

A goalkeeper to dive for a ball

Suppose that is a bit much it is only 4 competitive games into the season
Will come back at Christmas

Can't really blame fans for not coming to games the past 10 years or so have been a shambles and just embarrassing, can't expect people to pay money for season tickets when we struggle to beat teams like Montrose, it's a shame would genuinely say we have one of the best group of supporters in this league, league above and better then teams like Brechin in the championship.. the club have let us down time and time again we deserve better.

Can't really blame fans for not coming to games the past 10 years or so have been a shambles and just embarrassing, can't expect people to pay money for season tickets when we struggle to beat teams like Montrose, it's a shame would genuinely say we have one of the best group of supporters in this league, league above and better then teams like Brechin in the championship.. the club have let us down time and time again we deserve better.

This kind of sensible post will never catch on [emoji106]

Archived