Greenock Morton v Dundee United, The Shanfest Part VI

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young McGowan in goal. Don't know if Gaston is injured but it's a but worrying for an inexperienced keeper at this level. Not that I'm too gutted at Gaston not playing, give how much of a bombscare he has been recently

I genuinely find it astonishing that Kudus Oyenuga still has a career in football (cue him scoring a last minute wonder goal). A genuinely awful footballer who McNamara decided to give a four year contract.

Gaston dropped. We should never be in this position of having to play a rookie goalkeeper in a game of this magnitude. All the best to McGowan though.

Also, I would have had Tidser in the midfield and left out Lindsay. Other than that it's the right team for tonight.

42 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I genuinely find it astonishing that Kudus Oyenuga still has a career in football (cue him scoring a last minute wonder goal). A genuinely awful footballer who McNamara decided to give a four year contract.

He was dross at Cowden I thought, really surprised he starts for Morton.

In the away end.

Morton started well but have now resorted to hammering punts at their number 7 who is up front on his own against United's much taller centre backs. Can see what Duffy has tried to do. 4-1-4-1 when defending with Oyenuga and Nesbitt then pushing into a 4-3-3 when attacking but they aren't getting close enough to Oliver.

Archived