Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2016 at 18:37, Pride of Fife said:

We weren't at our best today but grinded out a good 3pts.

i worry for the pars with that defence, don't worry, you can always put Wedderburn in there lol

no complaints with MoM though would of given it to Bene myself.

considering we were playing a keeper at about 40% fitness and have a good half dozen either injured or struggling for fitness we can only get better.

Nae joy Dunfermline, not in the seaside leagues now

Well this is awkward.

On 8/20/2016 at 22:47, L. Brilliant said:

Pars fans think more strikers is the answer? Look at St Mirren! You have a League One team. Sit doon.

Lol

No you.

On 8/21/2016 at 14:55, Wullie McNaught said:

Still, at least you're taking it well eh?

Lucky streak emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
5th or 6th emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
HMRC emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

League 1 :lol:

On 8/21/2016 at 15:19, CALDERON said:

Lucky streak :lol:. Since the end of January we have the best form out of anyone in the league. Including Rangers, Hibs and the much praised Falkirk. We have kept the bulk of t at side and added quality to the squad. That's one hell of a lucky streak.

Didn't see a single clear cut chance for the Pars. Our game is to hit teams in the break with pace. Which we did.

Lucky streak seems to have been 100% accurate.

On 8/22/2016 at 08:11, Beachbum said:

Jean-Yves (not a bombscare) M'Voto interviewed after the match - link

Think you might need to take another look at his name.

On 8/22/2016 at 15:27, Michael W said:

It would be the manner of finishing sixth that would determine how I felt the season had gone. If it's a close miss from 4th place it would be disappointing but a fair effort in a tight league. If we were miles away from 4th I would be unhappy.

We always tend to start well, so I won't be getting carried away. I am pleasantly surprised so far, but we can't draw any indications of how we'll fare this season just yet. I do however think our last two results in particular have been excellent, as both sides undoubtedly have similar aims to us this season. 

I can only imagine how unhappy you are now then.

On 8/22/2016 at 20:40, grumswall said:

Vaughan had an off day on Saturday. He struggled to make any sort of impact in the game. Even at that he had bre in his back pocket.

We had the opening 10/20 mins pars the rest of the half, without making any clear chances. Second half we dominated and could have had a couple of pens.

As soon as our first goal went in the likes of higginbotom just weren't interested. That's where we won the game.

Iv been dead against locke from the off but the past couple of games we've played some good football and don't not too bad so if it continues he will win me over. I do love the passion he shows at times aswell.

Anyway were top o the league and your no!!!....

How did that one work out?

On 8/27/2016 at 17:34, Wullie McNaught said:

Not wee, just better.

XRt7v5n.gif

Cheers Rovers, one of the best fivers I have spent in a long time.

x1Wejkz.gif

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I can';t be bothered trawling through the "St. Mirren Relegation Express" thread.

There would have been some Raith cuntos...gerrit right roon ye,

I was trawling through that thread the other day, and there were some belters:lol:, but i don't recall any Raith fans sticking the boot in(there may have been a few that I missed), hence why I've been reluctant to stick the boot in.

I'll probably post a few of my favourites from the relegation thread once I've finished reading it(over 100 pages :lol:)

12 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Well this is awkward.

No you.

XRt7v5n.gif

x1Wejkz.gif

^^^^^ bullied all his days for being a pars fan in Kirkcaldy 

14 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Well this is awkward.

No you.

XRt7v5n.gif

x1Wejkz.gif

I'm chuffed for you mate. Enjoy your night. Hope it makes up for all the mental scarring you clearly have from being a Kirkcaldy based pars fan.

Just now, RR #1 said:

^^^^^ bullied all his days for being a pars fan in Kirkcaldy 

I'm chuffed for you mate. Enjoy your night. Hope it makes up for all the mental scarring you clearly have from being a Kirkcaldy based pars fan.

Ouch, quoted it twice in your impotent rage.

Moved to Kirkcaldy a couple of years ago.

Enjoy League 1

#awkies

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

And deservedly so,you shafted the tax payer and many local businesses.We haven,t.......so far.We,ve been relegated and happy to take our medicine

We,ll pish the 1 st division next season,Dunfermline will be relegated,normal service resumed ;)

1200 travelling support or not,it,ll be a damn site more than you,ll get from many of the teams in the championship next season

We will let you know how many we take there next season. ;):whistle

Aye but same outcome for you being £50 out of pocket. Will you pish the league like you pished away the side who finished 4th over two legs?

Didn't affect Livingston too much when the same thing happened to them.

You were obviously at a different game to us . 

No, just don't have the rose tinted glasses on, Raith were poor, City marginally better. Football is all about opinions, from a neutral point of view it was a shit game, obviously from a Brechin point of view it was a magnificent effort to put one over on one of the worst performing Rovers team in the last 10 years, from the Rovers fans point of view it was a gutless performance from a team who should be at the other end of the table.

In saying all that well done Brechin City and to the fans that they brought down, hope you beat the Wasps, love a day out to the Hedge.

Guest Back Post Misses

If we are in this league next season I would much rather Raith were in it TBH. A potential shit fest on the horizon.

Just trying to take it all in. Basically it was a fantastic solid , well organised display from us and as many have stated a poor gutless performance from Raith. 

Every Brechin player deserves credit , there was not one failure on that park. Caldwell got the party started with a composed finish after another howler from M'Voto . He redeemed himself with a bullying headed equaliser only to go and f**k it up again and let Trouten through to put us ahead. With 5 mins left we thought that would be enough but a fantastic strike from McManus on the stroke of full time had us fearing the worst. 

Going behind in extra time was a bit of a downer but strangely didn't worry us as everyone had the belief that we could score again.  Raith looked dead on their feet and we pressed in the second period and won that free kick. Liam Watt stood up and dispatched a pearler into the top corner sparking amazing scenes in the stand and also the dugout with Darren going mental !!!  

The penalties were a bit of a blur to be honest.  What I do remember was Bobby Barr giving it the swagger and smug smiles only for Buzz to easily save his tame effort. That was the turning point and we didn't look back.  Brennan was close to getting a slap from Buzz for his gamesmanship at every Brechin penalty but justice was done in the end and the good guys prevailed. 

As for the Raith performance , I think Barr's introduction lifted the team a little but on the whole the rest of the team looked as if they hadn't really played together before.  

The heart was in the mouth though at 3-2 when M'Voto found himself in space  at the back post but the ball thankfully landed at his foot and not his head and he blasted over the bar. 

All in all a fantastic day for us . As emotional as it gets when supporting Brechin. That is what it's all about though.   Roll on Wednesday for the next episode....if the heart can take any more . 

Well done Brechin. Cracking club with good supporters, always had good banter up there with their fans.  Rather have them than Alloa.

Commiserations to Rovers, unlike some of your bitter fans that were lording it when we had our problems, I hope you don't have the same fate with relegation and finances.  However maybe now is the time to get together and sort a fans buyout stop absolute roasters like your board from the bungling mess that was this season?

12 hours ago, bagpuss said:

There was an air of inevitability that this clusterfuck of a season would end in a shitty way . Locke's appointment, our pishy away record, Goaliegate, Vaughan's loan to a direct rival.Yogi's appointment,  the opposition  free kicks that kept  flying into the  postage stamp... the list goes on. We're down because we deserve it and our BoD were too arrogant to believe it could happen to us. Eric Drysdale in particular needs to look himself in the mirror; he's had a hand in most of this.

We're now at a fork in the road: do we clear EVERYONE out as has been rumoured and go largely p/t again , or do we have one go as a f/t club getting out of that league? That's worked for Livi Morton and Queens.... that would be my preference.

We were fortunate in appointing Magic Johnston as manager whose attacking brand of football was light years ahead of anything Gus Macpherson attempted. Tbf Magic had a preseason to recruit and work on it. The main factor imo was staying full time. Rovers have to do that.

Nothing at all against Alloa but would rather see Brechin come up now. Purely because the Glebe's a great day out.

The derby will be a miss, particularly going through to Kirkcaldy and filling the away end. Games like that which have a bit of an edge is what you want and they will attract a slightly bigger than normal home crowd for us, and away. From that point of view I hoped they'd stay up and it will have a bit of an impact on our budget, but that will be something the club will be taking into account when setting out their own budgets for the coming season.

Some of the comments from some Rovers fans after they beat us in August are looking amusing now though and, given that Rovers have been rotten since about October, they ultimately deserve to go down.

Congratulations Brechin.

Well done Brechin. Cracking club with good supporters, always had good banter up there with their fans.  Rather have them than Alloa.
Commiserations to Rovers, unlike some of your bitter fans that were lording it when we had our problems, I hope you don't have the same fate with relegation and finances.  However maybe now is the time to get together and sort a fans buyout stop absolute roasters like your board from the bungling mess that was this season?

We have fans reps on the board. I don't think they are any less capable of creating a bungling mess.

Archived