Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm feeling much more positive after watching that clip.

Can I ask (a genuine question) the McCall haters what it is they don't like about the guy?

In that interview he comes across as genuine and passionate about the club. He takes full responsibility for the relegation and generally talks an awful lot of sense. This is always the impression I get when I hear him speak.

I fully get that when results don't go for you - managers get sacked. That's fine, and there's a strong argument that he's failed miserably this past season and should not be given another chance. But what is the personal grievance against him? That's the bit I just don't get.

I'm very critical but I don't understand the comment regarding a personal grievance.

For what it's worth, part of my concerns initially were fuelled by the over-the-top worshiping of McCall. He managed to keep us in League One with a slightly worse record than Marko and was the football any better?

Then it just became the bullshit. The false claims and promises about attacking football and excitement. What the team was going to become, who we were going to sign and how amazing some of the shit players we currently had were going to get.

Other supporters slowly began to feel the same, and by the end of this season I think a lot of people were on to him. It's already started again: I'm after a this, that and the next thing... oh please just f**k off and sign them or don't, I can't be bothered with three months of what you almost did.

I can go into more detail but surely you know most of it.

It's not really a personal thing, I've just had enough of people talking big about Ayr Utd and not delivering.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm very critical but I don't understand the comment regarding a personal grievance.
For what it's worth, part of my concerns initially were fuelled by the over-the-top worshiping of McCall. He managed to keep us in League One with a slightly worse record than Marko and was the football any better?
Then it just became the bullshit. The false claims and promises about attacking football and excitement. What the team was going to become, who we were going to sign and how amazing some of the shit players we currently had were going to get.
Other supporters slowly began to feel the same, and by the end of this season I think a lot of people were on to him. It's already started again: I'm after a this, that and the next thing... oh please just f**k off and sign them or don't, I can't be bothered with three months of what you almost did.
I can go into more detail but surely you know most of it.
It's not really a personal thing, I've just had enough of people talking big about Ayr Utd and not delivering.

Yeah I've got a few pals that go and caught onto this a lot quicker than I did tbf. Think I was just a sucker and thought he was the Messiah.

I notice that he did manage to get his customary "when I came in we were fighting relegation" comment in during that interview.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Thanks, am I the only one who's never really heard of that being done? It's common for players to double up as coaches but not familiar with them also being fitness coaches.

Then again as long as it's not Harkins charged with monitoring fitness I've no problem with it.

I would pay money to see that.

Chris Higgins is a fitness coach. 

Well then it's no surprise that McCall mentioned it today and we were linked with him during the week.

Should be a good signing at this level.

One thing I wasn't sure about was the comment about mcguffie 'bursting on to the scene'. Did he?

I didn't make enough games to fully comment but from what I've seen and from reports on here I never got the impression he 'burst' anywhere. Am I being harsh?

One thing I wasn't sure about was the comment about mcguffie 'bursting on to the scene'. Did he?

I didn't make enough games to fully comment but from what I've seen and from reports on here I never got the impression he 'burst' anywhere. Am I being harsh?

He played one game last year against Albion Rovers but it was impossible to comment on him based on that performance alone.

I think when you consider how fast he came into the first team and managed to stake a claim as someone most fans were desperate to see on the team sheet most weeks. He only started a handful of games but put in a number of good performances off the bench.

When you compare that to Mick Wardrope who's been at the club for a few years now but is still very much on the fringes I think McGuffie has come a long way in 12 months.

Whatever happens to him now, his goal against Hibs will be remembered by Ayr fans for years to come.

If our first 3 signings are Moffat, Geggan and Higgins, I'll buy a ST. I've not had one since Geggan left and I know I won't make every game, but they 3 types of signings would at least signal intent.

Archived