Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

I've just watched the video and I have to say it is encouraging stuff.

Regarding the right-back McCall did say the player was primarily a right-back, but that doesn't seem to fit the Geggan profile.

My money is on Jamie Hamill...

Good shout actually.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If someone stopped going to games because the manager didn't sign a player they like they must be an absolute weapon emoji38.png

It's all about album sales, mate!

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

You would have thought Geggan and Moffatt both must be very keen on signing for us considering they made the effort to come down to Somerset last Thursday.

Yeah Moffat must be absoulotely knackered after that 15 minute drive from Mauchline :P

Yeah I'm led to believe this also. Talks were apparently at an advanced stage and he was desperate to come back but McCall then said he wasnt his type of player. I'm told this is one of the reasons for Somerset Boab stopping going to the games.

Apparantly Somerset Boab stopped coming to games because he wasn't given a free season ticket like he had been given the season before. Felt all the money he raised for the club it was a slap in the face.

52 minutes ago, ftk said:

Apparantly Somerset Boab stopped coming to games because he wasn't given a free season ticket like he had been given the season before. Felt all the money he raised for the club it was a slap in the face.

He definitely fell out with them over something to do with his fundraising from what i've heard, apparently not all of the money was going to the players budget but who knows if that's true or not. 

He definitely fell out with them over something to do with his fundraising from what i've heard, apparently not all of the money was going to the players budget but who knows if that's true or not. 

The directors were beginning to think Somerset Boab was becoming to big for his boots and that nobody is bigger than the club. Can't imagine the club would be easy to deal with though.

I'll be honest I sympathise with the guy a bit: he's raised over £30k for the club so it seems a bit tight to not give him a couple of free season tickets.

That said, as much as I just see him as a novelty act who's raised a lot of money, it must be difficult for the club, if they just wanted to thank him and ease him into the background. 

Yeah I'm led to believe this also. Talks were apparently at an advanced stage and he was desperate to come back but McCall then said he wasnt his type of player. I'm told this is one of the reasons for Somerset Boab stopping going to the games.

Not his type of player?

Does he mean one that scores goals?

What a childish response. Maybe the club should've done more to keep him sweet but the toys out the pram reaction tells us it's all about boab. I'm calling fanny on this one.

Archived