Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raith Rovers announced that they're intending to stay full-time for next season. 
Although the board seem to be discussing futures with players before they have a manager...

I think you'll find our new manager will already be employed by the club at the minute. I think Craig Easton will get it and it will be welcomed by the entire Rovers support I think.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Right back, that can play in midfield? Hasn't Sean Dillon played in midfield before? Likely to be leaving Dundee United anyway...

Hope not he's having a howler tonight v Falkirk.

Right back, that can play in midfield? Hasn't Sean Dillon played in midfield before? Likely to be leaving Dundee United anyway...

Would he take the drop to league 1 even for full time football? Still think he could do a job in the Championship.

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It's Andy Geggan mate. Deal with it.

On 2017-5-15 at 18:36, diegomarahenry said:

Hopefully we should hear in the next few days all the players who have signed on for next year, Devlin moving so quickly to knock back a deal wasn't a surprise, the rest not being announced would suggest they were all open to the idea of staying. 

I've seen Devlin's name linked with us (and Hearts!?) in a few places in the last few days. He any good? Think he's worked with Ross before so makes sense, although we already have Gary Irvine at rightback and possibly Stelios.

Glad to see they're looking for a fitness coach. No mention of a coach for the first team so probably it's gonna be Harkins again which I think is a mistake. No mention of McDaid either so looks like he's a goner.

34 minutes ago, Stu said:

I've seen Devlin's name linked with us (and Hearts!?) in a few places in the last few days. He any good? Think he's worked with Ross before so makes sense, although we already have Gary Irvine at rightback and possibly Stelios.

Hearts and Dundee United, along with Partick have all shown interest apparently, he'd get more money than Ayr if he went to St Mirren but I think he'll go to a Premier team or even down south. 

Just now, Mgc1910 said:

Think McDaid was given a contract until the end of next season.

McCall listed all the players under contract for this coming season and he wasn't one of them. 

I'm feeling much more positive after watching that clip.

Can I ask (a genuine question) the McCall haters what it is they don't like about the guy?

In that interview he comes across as genuine and passionate about the club. He takes full responsibility for the relegation and generally talks an awful lot of sense. This is always the impression I get when I hear him speak.

I fully get that when results don't go for you - managers get sacked. That's fine, and there's a strong argument that he's failed miserably this past season and should not be given another chance. But what is the personal grievance against him? That's the bit I just don't get.

One question I've got because I'm genuinely confused. Does McCall plan to bring in a fitness coach or sign a player who'll also act as a fitness coach?

It's just I've seen people say it's the latter but I've never really seen an example of this being done.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

One question I've got because I'm genuinely confused. Does McCall plan to bring in a fitness coach or sign a player who'll also act as a fitness coach?

It's just I've seen people say it's the latter but I've never really seen an example of this being done.

Player/fitness coach.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Can I ask (a genuine question) the McCall haters what it is they don't like about the guy?

In that interview he comes across as genuine and passionate about the club. He takes full responsibility for the relegation and generally talks an awful lot of sense. This is always the impression I get when I hear him speak.

I fully get that when results don't go for you - managers get sacked. That's fine, and there's a strong argument that he's failed miserably this past season and should not be given another chance. But what is the personal grievance against him? That's the bit I just don't get.

What personal grievance? Any grievance against him has been about his abilities as a manager this season. As for him speaking sense there''s been an awful lot of times this season where he's talked plenty of nonsense in post match interviews too.

So was I until he said Gilmour was under contract & Cairney had been invited back for pre-season!
He was spot on in that the likes of Forrest, McGuffie & Crawford need to develop physically in order to progress. Here's hoping they listen.

So was I until he said Gilmour was under contract & Cairney had been invited back for pre-season!
He was spot on in that the likes of Forrest, McGuffie & Crawford need to develop physically in order to progress. Here's hoping they listen.

In regards to Cairney, he'll be invited back to pre-season with a view to a contract so long that he can get into shape.

Gilmour was okay at this level last season but if we want to win the title we need to be better than okay. He'll be a backup imo.

Player/fitness coach.

Thanks, am I the only one who's never really heard of that being done? It's common for players to double up as coaches but not familiar with them also being fitness coaches.

Then again as long as it's not Harkins charged with monitoring fitness I've no problem with it.

Archived