Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll probably take a load of crap over this from anybody in the “47”!

Having just watched something on another social media platform, this AU500 thing is really starting to grip my shit! More than it did do when it started.

I understand the aim of the initiative  but come on! If the club turned round and said that for the money going in they’d put it back to the fans. I.e tickets to those fans that can’t afford to go, or the next generation, then I’d support it. Just now I don’t and won’t. 

Buying kids season tickets was a decent idea, ideally 12-16 year olds that are in to football and could be tempted to a game with their pals. I still go to the football with the same folk I have been going with for 20 years since I was a teenager and old enough to go without a parent.

The 500 club is a noble idea and if it was generating more money for the club I think it should deserve fans representation on the board but at the moment, it is not like it is increasing Camerons share price while he makes a massive profit 

13 hours ago, Waniche said:

I understand the aim of the initiative  but come on! If the club turned round and said that for the money going in they’d put it back to the fans. I.e tickets to those fans that can’t afford to go, or the next generation, then I’d support it. Just now I don’t and won’t. 

Clearly you don’t understand it.

The money is for the playing budget not to subsidise gate prices which could potentially see the club lose out on income they would otherwise have received.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I posted a couple of weeks that I had read an article with him where he stated he was still a free agent and was desperate to get back playing.

How the hell is Scott McKenna in that Scotland squad, was absolutely gash for us last season.
Although don't think he got on that well with McCall which wouldn't have helped.

Playing in a shite team probably didn’t help. At Aberdeen he’s got much better players around him which is bound to help.

When he joined Ayr he expected to be a starter which he was until the sending off against Hibs. Don’t think he played again after that.

He came out a few months ago and said he didn’t do well enough at Ayr so at least he’s honest.

I think Carlos Puyol or Phillip Lahm could have played in our defence last season and would have looked shite with that team around them to be fair. It's very difficult to look like a good defender when the players in front of you lose the ball and you spend most of each game on the defensive against fitter and quicker players.

I think Carlos Puyol or Phillip Lahm could have played in our defence last season and would have looked shite with that team around them to be fair. It's very difficult to look like a good defender when the players in front of you lose the ball and you spend most of each game on the defensive against fitter and quicker players.

For example Balatoni

Archived