Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

6 hours ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Fleming travelling up from Annan might be the issue for full time. Especially now his car share buddy Murphys is gone

If Gibson joins Ayr they could travel together since he lives in Dumfries.

46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What are you talking about? He played almost every minute for QOTS last season. You are having a shocker here, just leave while your ahead. 

He didnt play anywhere near every minute though that was mainly due to injury (tweaked a hamstring in the opening game and didnt come straight back in when he was fit).

38 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He was their captain for numerous seasons and played 29 league games last season for QOTS.

He didnt. He played 23 league games out of 36 (& he played in 6 cup ties). As noted above he was injured for the first couple of months. 

Chris Higgins is a better centre back than Daryll Meggatt though, thats for sure. He can cover left back too though Meggatt might be the better full back. I do fear we may have let Higgy go a year too early. Brilliant guy, wish him well. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

For a team that just Hibsed their play off against Brechin, Alloa fans seem to have a lot to say for themselves.

They'll be fighting over the scraps this season.

30 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Adams signing for Kilwinning.

If so good luck to him, always gave 100%. Could still do it at this level, but imagine he's another who can't commit to FT football.

Harkins is talking to Morton, Crawford is still in talks and McCall is hopeful he will sign as are Fleming, Boyle and Adams.

McCall is still after another forward and a couple defenders.

I reckon it'll be another busy couple of days.

29 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Harkins is talking to Morton, Crawford is still in talks and McCall is hopeful he will sign as are Fleming, Boyle and Adams.

McCall is still after another forward and a couple defenders.

I reckon it'll be another busy couple of days.

Where did you get that from?

Very worrying if Fleming and Boyle are off. 

Calm down ya panic merchant !!

In all seriousness it's a real possibility that Fleming and Boyle may not go full time.

Any ideas what either of them do outside of football??

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Calm down ya panic merchant !!

In all seriousness it's a real possibility that Fleming and Boyle may not go full time.

Any ideas what either of them do outside of football??

I know Boyle was in the process of doing some sports related course at Ayr College or the Uni. Dunno about Fleming, it might be just down to the travel every day.

Finding it a bit difficult to get past the badge on the new strip - maybe I'll get used to it.

Good luck to Adams if he is away - I don't see how he could train full time (on 3G pitches no doubt) with his longstanding injury issues.

Archived