Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday Post has the Harkins to Morton story but interestingly says that he had hoped to undertake a player/coach role at Ayr that never materialised. Looks like an even bigger waste of money if that's the case. 

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Preston is better than Moore, for me. Agreed on the rest.

Preston was full of effort and desire but Moore had more league goals in less appearances for us. 

37 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Sunday Post has the Harkins to Morton story but interestingly says that he had hoped to undertake a player/coach role at Ayr that never materialised. Looks like an even bigger waste of money if that's the case. 

That's exactly why Stevo left Ayr. Was promised he'd do some coaching when he signed and this never materialised. 

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That's exactly why Stevo left Ayr. Was promised he'd do some coaching when he signed and this never materialised. 

Stevenson left because mccall offered him a quarter of the wage he initially signed for because he was dug meat.

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We're looking for a new development team coach. If harkins did sign I wonder if he'd be involved with that.

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stevenson left because mccall offered him a quarter of the wage he initially signed for because he was dug meat.

lol.

These older pros are rarely worth their wage.

4 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

lol.

These older pros are rarely worth their wage.

A was buzzing when Stevie re-signed, but bar one or two wonder strikes, he failed to live up to expectations. Injuries have caught up and his legs are done.

His heart wasn't really in it either remember. He came back thinking that it's where he could regain the love for it all. Never worked out though real shame really if you think about how he was idealised previously!

Edit to say; this leagues is now sorted. We are no longer in the ladbrokes championship!

Could well be right, although I got the impression it was more of a 'big signing'. Meggatt or another new face?

Probably Meggat considering there aren't any obvious candidates for new signings. We'd probably have heard rumours by now like we did with Moffat, Geggan and Higgins.

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

Probably Meggat considering there aren't any obvious candidates for new signings. We'd probably have heard rumours by now like we did with Moffat, Geggan and Higgins.

Only rumour I have heard is Gibson. 

Only rumour I have heard is Gibson. 

Yeah heard his name floating around a few times and could potentially be the wide player that we really need.

Could potentially be that Harkins leaves and we sign two or three players with the freed up wages.

That is of course considering we haven't already spent the money we'd make from losing Harkins.

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

Agreed - would we take McDaid & Gibson if the budget allows? In addition to McGuffie, it'd be great to have a few options out wide for a change.

McDaid allows us to have our MMMM front 4. 

Tasty....

Archived