Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Calm down ya panic merchant, Fleming is on a two year deal. 

A PT contract, and it's clear now McCall wants everyone on a FT one. Every chance he could go if he's not willing to sign one.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

A PT contract, and it's clear now McCall wants everyone on a FT one. Every chance he could go if he's not willing to sign one.

I'd imagine he was told when he signed that the plan was to go FT next year, I believe this has been in the pipeline for a while. 

LOL.

Perfectly natural thought.

Ryan Stevenson was shite for us in League One but I still said that I wouldn't want to face him in case he came back to haunt us. He signed for Dumbarton and scored a last minute equaliser on Christmas Eve in a 4-4 draw.

I'm fully expecting Meggat to play the game of his life when he comes up against us. Would still have Higgins over him though.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd imagine he was told when he signed that the plan was to go FT next year, I believe this has been in the pipeline for a while. 

Which would make no sense in handing out 2 year PT contracts at the time if that was the case. McCall has said Boyle's and Fleming's contracts need tweaking and if he's not willing to allow Meggatt to stay PT then I can't see anyone being allowed to.

1 minute ago, falkirkwasp said:

Its easy to say that once you've signed higgins and not meggatt lol, chris's distinct lack of football over the last few seasons tells you all you need to know.

Sad to see Meggatt go, would have liked him to stay. Was one of our better and most consistent players towards the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Its easy to say that once you've signed higgins and not meggatt lol, chris's distinct lack of football over the last few seasons tells you all you need to know.

What are you talking about? He played almost every minute for QOTS last season. You are having a shocker here, just leave while your ahead. 

Sad to see Meggatt go, would have liked him to stay. Was one of our better and most consistent players towards the end of the season.

Sshh don't give him more reasons to post on this thread

What are you talking about? He played almost every minute for QOTS last season. You are having a shocker here, just leave while your ahead. 

I have a distinct fear of people that continually use "lol" in every sentence they type.

1 minute ago, falkirkwasp said:

7ad036a3e3975f07aa651cf3ad2ab8bb.jpgYeah your right about that one lol, appearances in the last 2 seasons as shown.

It's a wikipedia page you are quoting 'facts' from you total simpleton. 

7ad036a3e3975f07aa651cf3ad2ab8bb.jpgYeah your right about that one lol, appearances in the last 2 seasons as shown.

As if the "lols" weren't bad enough he actually used Wikipedia to look for accurate and up to date facts.

Meggat didn't re-sign because of his work commitments. Had we stayed part time, he would have stayed. He's not an irreplaceable player, good for this level, but I'm more than sure we'll pick someone up. 

Higgins last season played 29 games (missed a few due to injury) and the season before player 38 games.

chris's distinct lack of football over the last few seasons tells you all you need to know.

:lol:

Higgins will be one of if not the best CB playing in that division next season. Settle yourself.

Archived