Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Great day, Jamie Adams (:wub:) stays and Gary is gone. 

Jordan Hart stepping up to be first choice goalkeeper too is pleasing. Greg did as well as he could for us (and came up big when we really needed him) but he is definately replaceable. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't understand the negativity towards Jamie Adams. Yes he's a fairly limited player & injury prone, but was a real integral part of the team during our last season in League 1.

Exactly the type of player we'll need in certain games this season.

Really don't understand the negativity towards Jamie Adams. Yes he's a fairly limited player & injury prone, but was a real integral part of the team during our last season in League 1.

Don't think there is any negativity, I like him as a player but there is no point relying on him to be starting.

Andy Geggan is a far better version of him in central midfield.

Don't think there is any negativity, I like him as a player but there is no point relying on him to be starting.

Andy Geggan is a far better version of him in central midfield.

I agree with that. Although I did notice the gaffer said Geggan was signed to play right back 'for now'. Does he have another right back lined up long term, or is he hoping one of the younger guys (Waite?) will develop into a first team player quickly?

Fleming will go with my best wishes but I'm not too upset about Hart taking over. He'll be a more than good enough replacement and he's only 21.

Also re: Geggan, the Dunfermline fans all seem to agree he grew into a good right back at Championship level so I wouldn't be too upset about him starting the season there.

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

So is Hart likely to sign a full time deal?

Maybe he was holding off on signing FT until he knew what Fleming was doing. Better chance of him signing if he knows he's gonna be the No.1.

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

The physio will be delighted as along with Moore will make sure their full time post is justified.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Anyone give me the jist on the update from the gaffer video? On holiday and videos aren't working well.

A lot of people are away on holiday

Adams re-signed, will only train on Thursday and Friday

Meeting with Crawford on Thursday, he has his fingers crossed

Mentioned Harkins is staying in the Championship but didn't know which club

Still on going with Fleming might not be able to go FT because of his family and location, what the club is offering may not add up for him

Talking to 2 or 3 other targets, might have to run a small squad

Anyone give me the jist on the update from the gaffer video? On holiday and videos aren't working well.

Hes beelin hes not on holiday ,wants adams to play 25/30 games next season ,noo sure aboot whit greg Flemings doing yet ,and desperate for crawford too stay...thats pretty much all

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

A lot of people are away on holiday

Adams re-signed, will only train on Thursday and Friday

Meeting with Crawford on Thursday, he has his fingers crossed

Mentioned Harkins is staying in the Championship but didn't know which club

Still on going with Fleming, because of his family and location, what the club is offering may not add up for him

Talking to 2 or 3 other targets, might have to run a small squad

That last part of interview concerned me, 18 is the absoulote bare minimum we should be running on. 

That last part of interview concerned me, 18 is the absoulote bare minimum we should be running on. 

Particularly when Adams and Moore are in that 18. Docherty usually misses a few games too, as well as Gilmour if he's staying.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Particularly when Adams and Moore are in that 18. Docherty usually misses a few games too, as well as Gilmour if he's staying.

McCall is an absoulote clown. Made so many false promises which never materialise like he said there would be a squad of 18(aswell as 7 or 8 youths). Now he's saying we'll run with a small squad which basically means our bench will be made up of youths. 

Keeping Adams on PT but not Meggatt. The impression McCall gave was that he wanted everyone FT, maybe with pre season being on the 19th, the players leaving, and not being able to get his targets, he's going to settle for the FT/PT model we've already tried.

Sounds disappointing and he sounds like he's getting desperate. I like Crawford, but don't chase him all summer Christ. Cairney more than capable and will benefit from full time, call Crawfords bluff and we'll see if this move to Livi materialises. We really need a minimum of 2 defenders and midfielders. 

What's pissing me off is why does Adams only get to train twice a week? If that's the case then he could have done that with Meggat.

Wheels beginning to wobble.

I get the impression Adams will be on a full-time contract but train sparingly. Either way, players need to be available to train during the day as we won't be accommodating evening sessions.

2 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

I get the impression Adams will be on a full-time contract but train sparingly. Either way, players need to be available to train during the day as we won't be accommodating evening sessions.

I was under the impression Thursday/Friday were evening sessions.

Archived