Berwick Rangers 2017/18

4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Thought Berwick didn't look too bad there. Keeper had a very shaky first half- who is he?

Robby McCrorie, loanee from Glasgow Rangers.

I've also written about last year's away shirt, if anyone's interested;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/matchworn-berwick-rangers-20162017-away-shirt/

596e50a089eb7_20170709_1840121.jpg.be785e36aedeac6ba1d26953c46323f1.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really impressed with the new signings and think our chances are significantly better than last year! 

On the other hand, another crap pre-season where we haven't won a game.

Cough needs to find the right formula which surely has to include Rutherford.

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

I'm really impressed with the new signings and think our chances are significantly better than last year! 

On the other hand, another crap pre-season where we haven't won a game.

Cough needs to find the right formula which surely has to include Rutherford.

Love the optimism, agree that the new signings have added something. I would like to have seen more attention given to the heart of our defence, Fleming will hopefully get better with experience but its a big ask for him at this stage. We can't go through another season where we need to score three goals to win a match. 

The formula is a hard one for Cough but agree again that Rutherford should start up top, Murrell also looks best through the middle and less effective in a deeper role. Seems to be favouring 4-5-1 at the moment, allows the full backs to get forward. If we switched to a 4-4-2, McDonald would need to be much more disciplined in his attacking play. 

Like the Irvine/Stewart/Thomson/Lavery quartet in midfield, McKenna continues to run up too many blind alleys.  

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Love the optimism, agree that the new signings have added something. I would like to have seen more attention given to the heart of our defence, Fleming will hopefully get better with experience but its a big ask for him at this stage. We can't go through another season where we need to score three goals to win a match. 

The formula is a hard one for Cough but agree again that Rutherford should start up top, Murrell also looks best through the middle and less effective in a deeper role. Seems to be favouring 4-5-1 at the moment, allows the full backs to get forward. If we switched to a 4-4-2, McDonald would need to be much more disciplined in his attacking play. 

Like the Irvine/Stewart/Thomson/Lavery quartet in midfield, McKenna continues to run up too many blind alleys.  

Don't be giving away too much information on your team line ups mate!  Do you not realize how extremely dangerous it is with every other SPFL team 2 coach hanging on your every word said here on Pie & Bovril? :lol:

you diddys found your flag yet lol you are gona be relagated this season back to whare you belong clyde are comin to get you berick diddys your a wee team wre a big team so you can all f**k of

37 minutes ago, Jamesy lawd said:

you diddys found your flag yet lol you are gona be relagated this season back to whare you belong clyde are comin to get you berick diddys your a wee team wre a big team so you can all f**k of

Do you often experience epileptic seizures when typing on P&B or is this a one-off occurence, mate?

Are you John Bell?

no am no john bell mate ma name is james are you thick or something shoud you no be out lookin for your flag hope you lot get relagated and never seen again back to where you belong

no am no john bell mate ma name is james are you thick or something shoud you no be out lookin for your flag hope you lot get relagated and never seen again back to where you belong

Made a mistake there Jamesy it should be "were" rather than "where" if you are trying to keep this pretence going.

17 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

East Fife have just signed Greg Hurst on loan from St Johnstone. I believe he was on loan with Berwick last season. Thoughts ?

A useful enough option in behind the striker, neat and tidy. Certainly not an out and out frontman, more of a #10. Given EF have Wilkie and Willis, both of whom are far more suited to that role, I'm a bit surprise EF were in for him, although I assume resultantly Wilkie plays deeper and/or Willis is dumped on a wing?

Another ex loanee of yours, Callum Crane, has signed up with us till new year. Any good?

Aye, class signing. Took 2-3 games to get into the rhythm of things when with us but quickly settled and contributed positively both defensively and going forward. Very good addition.

Archived