Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

Only caught the last 20 mins of this due to work. Thought we looked knackered but still working really hard. I predicted a draw in this leg and think we will come up short unless Falkirk really have an off day - we carry plenty of goal threat at the moment but the defence is woeful, probably the worst I've seen at Utd.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think he was overly bad either, but he's become the new Collum to a section of our fans since that fiasco in Perth in the Betfred Cup.

It wasn't just the 3 pens he awarded in 20 minutes but the way he stared the fans down for 50 yards at the end walking off. As suspected that awarding pens for grappling at corners never saw the light of day again. Disgraceful to experiment in one game like that

Great effort from both teams. Sadly we looked out on our feet near the end and not sure we have the depth of squad to make worthwhile changes.

So perhaps you may now recognise why we Bairns fans kept going on about the importance of finishing second?

I thought your team looked tired after the second equaliser.

Question to the DU supporters.  Murray's excellent route 1 goal was made by a header from one of your players.  If I describe him as "the bloke with the shite haircut" it doesn't narrow it down much.  Who nodded the ball on for Murray to score?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Question to the DU supporters.  Murray's excellent route 1 goal was made by a header from one of your players.  If I describe him as "the bloke with the shite haircut" it doesn't narrow it down much.  Who nodded the ball on for Murray to score?

Mikklesen. 

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He has alopecia, you scumbag.

cracking game and roll on friday. must admit to nearly falling down the stand at our third that never was, thats always a riddy. I would have taken a one goal defecit before a ball was kicked tonight so was happy enough with the draw.

we always seem to turn up for the play offs and that was the best ninety ive seen all season, fash gave their defence a torrid time.

in fairness to utd they were a threat when attacking and will be on friday. it just depends if they have the legs for it. they seem to struggle adjusting to the pace of our plastic pitch hopefully friday is the same.

If I could get my girlfriend to grapple me for 90 minutes like the United defender was grappling Peter Grant tonight and i'll die a happy man! I think willo flood would need to use a machete on someone to get sent off!! 

Apart from that we deserved at least a draw and are looking good for Friday. 

Houstie has been slaughtered by falkirk fans for his signings, but brought in the keeper, Austin, Mckee, Craigen, Kerr and Lee Miller, all fantastic tonight. In fact I would say Austin has been one of the best signings for any team this season with only injury stopping him having an even better season.

Well, that was an absolute tragedy of a defensive performance. I don't know if Donaldson could do any worse than the Edge. Seriously awful defender. Robson was awful again and praise any and all the Gods Mckinnon took him off. Dixon looked much better and should start on Friday. The double Ds were exactly that also. Please teach them to attack the ball and not to allow it to bounce at least 4 times then slice it out for a corner. 

Kuate was shite. Just got in the way of everyone and didn't really contribute anything other than the slip for the first goal. What's "Raymie's" obsession with a soggy pitch? So many of our players were sliding the f**k about I wondered if they were playing in slippers. 

Andreu was mostly anonymous - and shite when he got the ball - again, surprise.

Spittal was very good and took his goal really well again. 

Flood was Flood.

Murray was good and Mikkleson went from winning everything in the air for the first 10 - 15 to winning f**k all till the last 20 odd mins. He did ok generally I thought.

Cammy Bell. Fucking howler for the second goal. Well struck free kick but wasn't exactly postage stamp. Well and truly fucked that one up.

Second leg I'd play Dixon at LB and hopefully Murdoch is fit. Our biggest problem, for me anyway, is the centre halfs. And our soft as shite midfield. 

Would maybe go for Allardice instead of Kuate. A bit of a physical presence and a better defensive player than Kuate, who can be so off the pace of a game like he was last night. 

We're not out of the game by any means but pressure is now on Falkirk at home.

Guest Back Post Misses
 Well, that was an absolute tragedy of a defensive performance. I don't know if Donaldson could do any worse than the Edge. Seriously awful defender. Robson was awful again and praise any and all the Gods Mckinnon took him off. Dixon looked much better and should start on Friday. The double Ds were exactly that also. Please teach them to attack the ball and not to allow it to bounce at least 4 times then slice it out for a corner. 
Kuate was shite. Just got in the way of everyone and didn't really contribute anything other than the slip for the first goal. What's "Raymie's" obsession with a soggy pitch? So many of our players were sliding the f**k about I wondered if they were playing in slippers. 
Andreu was mostly anonymous - and shite when he got the ball - again, surprise.
Spittal was very good and took his goal really well again. 
Flood was Flood.
Murray was good and Mikkleson went from winning everything in the air for the first 10 - 15 to winning f**k all till the last 20 odd mins. He did ok generally I thought.
Cammy Bell. Fucking howler for the second goal. Well struck free kick but wasn't exactly postage stamp. Well and truly fucked that one up.
Second leg I'd play Dixon at LB and hopefully Murdoch is fit. Our biggest problem, for me anyway, is the centre halfs. And our soft as shite midfield. 
Would maybe go for Allardice instead of Kuate. A bit of a physical presence and a better defensive player than Kuate, who can be so off the pace of a game like he was last night. 
We're not out of the game by any means but pressure is now on Falkirk at home.

Pressure on Falkirk? Worst attempted mind games ever.

Guest Back Post Misses

Reflecting on the game United will have to score at least 3 IMO Friday as I just can't see us not scoring a couple against that Utd defence. They certainly have the ammunition with Murray, Spittal and Andreu but it will be tough for them.

Houstie certainly has a stronger pool on the face of it. All the bench could have played and arguably would not have weakened the team too much. Good position for him to have.

I though Falkirk's best players were Leahy, Kerr, Craigen, McKee and Austin.

Outside the three players I have mentioned for Utd I thought they were ordinary and looked pretty leggy after our first goal onwards.

Friday is going to be interesting but I am still quietly confident.

I'm really not going to enjoy the next few days and I will be a wreck by the time the game kicks off. Despite some sleep I still fear the worst for United in the second leg and I think that Falkirk will win by a couple of goals at the very least.

Our team is still an absolute shambles (with the defence a particular highlight). Three of our back four last night were absolutely dreadful (Durnan the only slight pass marks but only in comparison to the other three). McKinnon is hanging Robson out to dry if he persists with him again on Friday, he is just not ready for first team football. You saw within 30 seconds of Dixon coming on that although he isn't the answer at least he actually knows what he is trying to do. For a young player Robson seems to have no confidence and no clue.

We've shown that we can score against Falkirk but we can't maintain a level of performance that will provide a credible threat. 

Finally, I hope the groundsman got an absolute bollocking last night. After all the rain in the afternoon to then water the pitch just before kick-off was a monumental f**k up. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Cammy bell back to his old tricks i see..didnt see the game but just watched the goals above. Both teams are dire

Didn't watch the game but both teams are dire.

It was a terrific game.

Archived