Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

It is certainly not the best we have played all season. That was the 3-0 reeming we gave you at TFS in February followed by the gubbing we gave Dunfermline the week prior to it.

I would probably say we played better at Easter Road twice this season (certainly defensively) than last night.

On the other hand it is the best I have seen Utd in 5 games against us.

The overriding factor for me however it how shattered Utd looked especially in the last 20 minutes. Add to that a smaller squad than us and three or four injuries picked up last night you are going to have to catch us on an real off night now IMO. However we have thrown in the odd howler TBF this season notably a 4-2 home loss the Raith in October.

I agree we are more than capable of freezing on the night and having an absolute mare especially in front of our own expectant fans!! Keeping my feet firmly on the ground, been supporting Falkirk too long to get ahead of myself! This team is also capable of scoring 2 or 3 on the night and keeping it tight at the back, praying for the latter but knowing Falkirk as we do it will probably be squeaky bum time and go to the wire!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Hopefully I can get off work for it

Take it Falkirk won't be offering PATG

Nope

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So for all you're greeting about tickets you got one anyway.

emoji23.png

I was always going to get a ticket but it certainly put off others I know. I still think we should be trying to encourage as many folk as possible to come to these games especially when their on the telly.Crowd of 7000 just emphasises the fact that making the fixture all ticket was ludicrous. They could've given us nae tcikets and United would still have struggled to get a  result. 

It's funny, I did think Falkirk were the better side last night but looking at their goals again today they were both so preventable. The first goal started from a Kuate slip and his subsequent half arsed attempt at tracking back (how many times did our players slip over last night, by the way?) and the second goal came from a stupidly conceded free kick that the keeper should have saved.

Can't see us winning in Falkirk, although stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's funny, I did think Falkirk were the better side last night but looking at their goals again today they were both so preventable. The first goal started from a Kuate slip and his subsequent half arsed attempt at tracking back (how many times did our players slip over last night, by the way?) and the second goal came from a stupidly conceded free kick that the keeper should have saved.

All 4 were pretty avoidable to be honest. First United goal is route one stuff. No idea what Gasparotto is doing although like you said whoever decided to water the pitch constantly last night pre match should be told to bolt. Players from both sides were looking like Bambi on ice at times. Second United goal came pretty much out the blue. Good finish but no idea what Leahy is doing totally out of position.

15 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I was in the ground about 25 mins before kick off and have never seen a pitch so heavily watered.

I would assume both sets of players were aware of this and changed boots accordingly so can only assume the groundsperson overwatereoverwaterd the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Who the f**k thinks we are 'good'?

Cant be arsed scrolling back but someone said it didnt matter who got through because there premier league quality would come good, gave me a good chuckle tbf

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Resting players who have failed to perform over the season because they aren't very good isn't going to make much difference.

It does as mental fatigue couple with physical fatigue will certainly help us or Utd in the final.

On the other hand ICT have been doomed for a while so if they make play-off they will potentially be on a mini high.

44 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we went there and won. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got pumped.

I actually think it's better for us at 2-2 than if we had a 2-1 lead. Means Ray has to set up to go for it and not sit back to defend the lead, then have a go after inevitably losing the lead.

One thing im sure of is it won't go to penalties.

Archived