Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

8 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Malky grew up in Govan and supports the Buddies? I smell shite.

Dear oh dear. 

I grew up in the old Glasgow Govan ward - not in Govan. The Glasgow Govan ward covered areas like Cardonald, Hillington, and Penilee along the border with Paisley. Many St Mirren supporters did and still do come from those areas in Glasgow. I remember well Margo MacDonald campaigning on Paisley Road West outside Billy's Fruit and Veg shop and at McHargs Bakers for those that were familiar with the area.. 

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

His pretend grandson bought the Livingston v St Mirren programme at Almondvale on Saturday, even though Livvy don't produce a hard copy programme any more. That's how much he loves the Buddies.

This is pathetic too. At no point did I claim to have taken my Grandson to Livingston. Why would I? He doesn't support St Mirren! 

26 minutes ago, GloryHole said:

Ruth's a fat spinless cow, sidestepping this constitutional crisis and existential threat to her "beloved Union"....and pretending she's putting family first.

The second this mess is over she'll be straight back 

Totally agree, her bullying type cannot stay out of the Limelight.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, btb said:

Apparently on This Morning this morning. :unsure:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/17/ruth-davidson-i-was-hopelessly-conflicted-over-brexit

Like many others I think she's playing the long game  and may at some point be dragged back to active politics if she can be persuaded it's in the nation's interests.

Just been watching the vacuous Jo Swinson waxing lyrical on the merits of remaining in the Union. I suspect she's thinking she might be able to pick up a few votes from Ruth supporters.

1 hour ago, btb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/17/ruth-davidson-i-was-hopelessly-conflicted-over-brexit

Like many others I think she's playing the long game  and may at some point be dragged back to active politics if she can be persuaded it's in the nation's interests.

You'd think showing you've got a big pair during this debacle would have been in the nation's interest, apparently more important to "bond".

5 hours ago, btb said:

She had her usual softball interview. Played the jolly Tory to a tee.

Fully expect to see her back some time in stern-face mode during Indyref2.

• 4 weeks later...

How's our heroine getting on with the day job now that she's just an ordinary MSP again? I seem to remember her being notorious for dinghying boring constituency responsibilities if there were TV cameras to parrot stock phrases at.

• 2 weeks later...

Her latest interview with the London Evening Standard is a belter, she's quoted as saying that capitalism isn't working for everyone and cronyism isn't helping etc etc and at the same time the interview is taking place due to her accepting a £50k p/a role working for a London based PR firm (lobbyist) for a back breaking 24 hours per year !!

She's also confirmed that she'll be continuing her role as an MSP until at least 2021 and may also look for something else over and above.

Honestly, these people just don't get it, do they ????

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/ruth-davidson-interview-lots-of-people-have-second-acts-as-she-takes-city-job-at-tulchan-pr-a4268651.html

39 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Her latest interview with the London Evening Standard is a belter, she's quoted as saying that capitalism isn't working for everyone and cronyism isn't helping etc etc and at the same time the interview is taking place due to her accepting a £50k p/a role working for a London based PR firm (lobbyist) for a back breaking 24 hours per year !!

She's also confirmed that she'll be continuing her role as an MSP until at least 2021 and may also look for something else over and above.

Honestly, these people just don't get it, do they ????

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/ruth-davidson-interview-lots-of-people-have-second-acts-as-she-takes-city-job-at-tulchan-pr-a4268651.html

Not that it changes the overall sentiment but the job is for 24 days, not hours.

Um, I might have missed something along the way but what are Ruthie's credentials on climate change?

Now she has joined City PR firm Tulchan Communications, to advise some of the biggest players in corporate Britain how to cope with the changing climate, including actual climate change.