Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

Guest Bob Mahelp

She's remaining as an MSP until the next elections, but I suspect that she already knows that her teas oot and that the good people of Edinburgh central will return to the SNP in droves.

But like the Clunking Fist she'll hang around like a rancid fart, popping up from time to time in the Daily Mail and shite like that to scream 'SNP baaaaaad'.

No idea what she'll do in an independent Scotland. 

Here's her story, it's sad but true,
About a girl that once was blue,
She took their votes, then ran around,
When Jacob Mogg came to town,

Yeah I should have known it from the very start,
She couldn't finish what she went to start,
And if you ask her just to speak the truth,
You'll see the heels of Runaway Ruth

Disappointed that she used the old wanting to spend more time with her family excuse rather than say that she hates Boris.

What signal does that give to women in politics if she can't juggle having a family and having a career? I thought that the Scottish parliament was meant to be more family friendly.

30 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

She's remaining as an MSP until the next elections, but I suspect that she already knows that her teas oot and that the good people of Edinburgh central will return to the SNP in droves.

But like the Clunking Fist she'll hang around like a rancid fart, popping up from time to time in the Daily Mail and shite like that to scream 'SNP baaaaaad'.

No idea what she'll do in an independent Scotland. 

Talking about the Clunking Fud, the editorial shambles that is The Herald yesterday carried two articles, two pages apart, on the same subject.  The first was a masterful hatchet job by Iain McWhirter on Broon's latest vapourings about Federalism, and boy he didn't miss the target.  Two pages on we had a contribution by dutiful Labour drone and serial hater of Scottish Independence Professor Jim Gallagher who proceeded to fill the page with steaming hot pish about, you've guessed it, Federalism served a la Gordon Brown. 

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Did I mis-hear her in her resignation speech, or did the useless cow profusely thank wee Jake McConnell for "all his help and support"? Will she be angling for a seat in the Lords when she loses Edinburgh Central?

Ruth for all her cynical campaigning  is a fairly conventional centre right politician. There's not much between her and McConnell or for that matter Sturgeon, Dugdale or Swinney.

I think she was comfortable manipulating idiots within the confines of devolution but she can't hide from the wider impacts of her behaviour now. 

She can blame having family reasons all she wants, but's she not the first MSP to have had a child, nor the first to lead a party either. This decision could have been made a while ago, had another leader to set a new/same narrative for the Scottish tories, but instead she used the time to passive-aggressively accuse the opposition of running for the hills at the first sign of adversity, and time her exit on one of the most decisive days in this brexit fiasco, making it all about her without actually answering to anyone yet again. Along with her biting her tongue over the hypocrisy of same-sex marriage and the whole brexit fiasco, I quite frankly hope her and her fucking roulette wheel for a moral compass are never seen in politics again as far as I'm concerned. 

Maybe, just maybe she'll actually have time then to carry out a workshop at her constituency or two at last, but the baby and all that etc etc.

17 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Bollocks. Actively courted every sectarian, racist, homophobic and whatever else neerdowell she could get into a blue anorak and her one success was to mostly get them to keep it PG when a mic was nearby. There is no such thing as a centrist Tory.

The Clintons are the royal family of centrism and prove that racism and homophobia have their place in the centrist playbook.

The Clintons are the royal family of centrism and prove that racism and homophobia have their place in the centrist playbook.

The Clintons just prove that the centre isn’t really fixed and changes its convictions like the wind.

51 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I quite frankly hope her and her fucking roulette wheel for a moral compass are never seen in politics again 

Well I think you had better look away when the next indy ref rolls into town.