Rangers v Aberdeen

I think the most recent franchise to play out of the bigotdome just need to set themselves up to defend again 100's of footballs punted aimlessly punted up the park.
93rd minute winner for the ***'s

100's of footballs? Not sure Rangers can afford that.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McInnes needs to pick his system for the cup final and play it for these two games. If Jack's going to be out, then the system, probably with O'Connor in midfield. will be unfamiliar and need competitive practice. As has been said before, the last 80 mins of the Celtic game was fine, so keep the same system and hope they carry on as they began. I'd be in two minds over playing Christie, as he can't play the final. These two games should be purely preparation for the final IMO.

McInnes needs to pick his system for the cup final and play it for these two games. If Jack's going to be out, then the system, probably with O'Connor in midfield. will be unfamiliar and need competitive practice. As has been said before, the last 80 mins of the Celtic game was fine, so keep the same system and hope they carry on as they began. I'd be in two minds over playing Christie, as he can't play the final. These two games should be purely preparation for the final IMO.

But with Hayes suspended we can't play our cup final starting XI anyway surely?

May be an opportunity to end our poor Ibrox record against the four clubs we've played there since our last victory.

However, I cannot see this being played at any kind of intensity - and suspect that Kenny Miller will somehow find a way to score against us again.

Christie should probably play in this one, but we should play a rake of youngsters at Firhill on Saturday if the arithmetic has been taken care of.  (Don't want Sevco catching our points total).

6 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Statistically the supposed best Aberdeen side against the worst Rangers side in about 30 years and they'll still lose. Absolute bottlers.

Just a great post.

Surely 'statistically the supposed' is an oxymoron.

Anyway, it's not the best Aberdeen side in 30 years. 

As a Celtic fan you are not meant to bracket old and new Rangers as one. 

Correct, you're obsessed with the victim of racism.

If you say so. It is not the Dons favourite subject? Just seems that every Aberdeen/Celtic thread when there's nothing of significance to say about your team, this old chestnut gets an airing.

I thought it quite relevant to this particular thread due to the berrz last escapade.

#PrayforShay

So did the Dons fans agree with Caixinha's implication that the Dons have peaked and are on the decline?...

Not really his place to say, and if Aberdeen finish ahead of Rangers (next season) he'd surely have to resign, but it's probably true.

Anyways, 1-0 Rangers (MIller), not expecting a great game but the Dons generally don't do well after the split and the game is at Ibrox. All points to a Rangers victory.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:
So did the Dons fans agree with Caixinha's implication that the Dons have peaked and are on the decline?...
Not really his place to say, and if Aberdeen finish ahead of Rangers he'd surely have to resign, but it's probably true.
Anyways, 1-0 Rangers (MIller), not expecting a great game but the Dons generally don't do well after the split and the game is at Ibrox. All points to a Rangers victory.

Can someone translate this for me please? I don't speak ***

12 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can some translate this for me please? I don't speak ***

Whilst not agreeing with the sentiments expressed, it is fairly straight forward what is being said.

Which particular part you struggling with ?

11 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

8/5 is a huge price for Sevco given our record against teams that play there, past and present

An insurance bet may be in order

With our record against them, after the split and our best player suspended then aye it is a decent price.

Although watching them recently think we have a great chance against them - thought that last time at Ibrox and we was so poor and negative! 

I think the team/squad will be freshened up in the summer, although granted not by choice.

McInnes will build another team, and who knows - we might even be better for it.

I don't think it's a particularly astute observation or even a decent attempt at mind games by Caixinha. Comes across as if he's been reading up on us and is showing off his newly found "knowledge" to the Sevco fans.

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I think the team/squad will be freshened up in the summer, although granted not by choice.

McInnes will build another team, and who knows - we might even be better for it.

I don't think it's a particularly astute observation or even a decent attempt at mind games by Caixinha. Comes across as if he's been reading up on us and is showing off his newly found "knowledge" to the Sevco fans.

To be fair, I think Caixinha knows "sevco" fans don't care where Rangers finish compared to the Dons.

Warbs never researched other teams = criticism from Scottish fitba fans.

Pedro does research other teams =  criticism from Scottish fitba fans.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Warbs never researched other teams = criticism from Scottish fitba fans.

Pedro does research other teams =  criticism from Scottish fitba fans.

He should give you a shout seeing as you watch all the games on telly.

Archived