Reading or Huddersfield?

Ludo*1

Who do you want in the PL next season?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jaap Stam in the PL as a manager would be pretty cool, but Reading bore me as a club. Would be nice to see Huddersfield back up. I've always considered them a fairly decent club (As they were fairly decent when I was growing up) so I'll plump for them.

Huddersfield as they have never been in the PL but I wanted Sheffield Wednesday to go up. Been to a couple of their games and would have been great to see them for a Premiership game.

Don't like Reading at all.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Huddersfield as they have never been in the PL but I wanted Sheffield Wednesday to go up. Been to a couple of their games and would have been great to see them for a Premiership game.

Don't like Reading at all.

Huddersfield Town were the team to beat in the 1920s under Herbert Chapman. Pretty sure they won 3 FA Cups in a row with them.

Unless you're only counting from 1992 onwards?

It's taken since 1971 for Huddersfield to recover from losing 7-2 on aggregate to Airdrie in the Texaco Cup. They deserve this chance...and Frank Worthington played for them, which is a good enough reason on its own.

Huddersfield Town were the team to beat in the 1920s under Herbert Chapman. Pretty sure they won 3 FA Cups in a row with them.
Unless you're only counting from 1992 onwards?

I didn't know they were the team to beat in the 20's but that's great to find out. I was meaning from 92 onward yes. When were they last in the top flight of English football then?

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I didn't know they were the team to beat in the 20's but that's great to find out. I was meaning from 92 onward yes. When were they last in the top flight of English football then?

Early 70s.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Going by Wiki they were last in the old first division back in 1971/72 - from January until the end of the league season they only scored 6 league goals and 2 were OG's!

In the 1920's they became the first club to win 3 titles in a row (23/24, 24/25 and 25/26) and they won the FA Cup once.

14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Going by Wiki they were last in the old first division back in 1971/72 - from January until the end of the league season they only scored 6 league goals and 2 were OG's!

In the 1920's they became the first club to win 3 titles in a row (23/24, 24/25 and 25/26) and they won the FA Cup once.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought it was the FA Cup. Perhaps Chapman did that with Arsenal? 

Archived