The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I think it’s clear now that whoever was on his coaching team at Hibs were the brains of the operation. The coalition of wankers he assembled for this job  left his lack of ability exposed 

Edited by RussellV1

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Sacked after FOUR league games - jèeze!

On the face of it, looks bad. The issues ran much, much deeper than simply results though. The noises coming out of the club suggest it was broken rather quickly and wasn't fixable unless he went. 

3 years to pay off unless there was a clause about probation period. Just as well the Buddies got that wedge from the McGinn transfer. Plus one assumes Darren Jackson and co. 

Tbh if he was such an disruptive influence then it is a shame for St Mirren they possibly have to pay a shedload to get rid.  Still by the sounds of things it was the correct decision however short a tenure. 

It begs the Q how some people that are so inept at man Management and positive communication get into such senior positions. I have know a few in my time. Leaves you scratching your head ! 

Just now, welldaft said:

3 years to pay off unless there was a clause about probation period. Just as well the Buddies got that wedge from the McGinn transfer. Plus one assumes Darren Jackson and co. 

Agree with all that. Word is he's not been paid the full three years. 

Tbh if he was such an disruptive influence then it is a shame for St Mirren they possibly have to pay a shedload to get rid.  Still by the sounds of things it was the correct decision however short a tenure. 
It begs the Q how some people that are so inept at man Management and positive communication get into such senior positions. I have know a few in my time. Leaves you scratching your head ! 

Supposodley the money we got from Sunderland for JR will cover it.

The indignation from ex pros and his media pals on Twitter is doing my nut in. Sutton and Tam McManus amongst those calling it shameful. 

I once heard Danny Baker saying you should disregard the opinion of someone who can't tell you the last time they paid into a game. 

Think those two fit the bill. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio said:

The indignation from ex pros and his media pals on Twitter is doing my nut in. Sutton and Tam McManus amongst those calling it shameful. 

I once heard Danny Baker saying you should disregard the opinion of someone who can't tell you the last time they paid into a game. 

Think those two fit the bill. 

Is Sutton not an ex team mate ? Nuff said........

I will tell you how much of a correct decision it was. Fans of all other diddies are p1ssed off he was not given longer. St Mirren will face a fight to stay in the top flight, but even this early on relegation looked odds on with Stubbs at the helm.