The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Sure, bit if you get undoubted negative testing twice a week on first team players then there's no need for them to isolate?
If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive you have to self isolate for 14 days do you not?

If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive you have to self isolate for 14 days do you not?
I'm not sure if that's the case when you have access to private testing and test negative multiple times. Someone more clued up could maybe clarify.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Mental that anyone can try and use this for point scoring or pointing and laughing material given it can and probably will affect plenty of clubs going forward, regardless of level. 

Ach wind your neck in. No need to he upset about a couple of jokes when far more dark and sinister material is posted without outrage on here on a daily basis.

Clearly no one wishes genuine ill on the people affected.

Meanwhile, JKB says..........

Barack

• 1st Team Squad Member
  •  
  • Barack
  • Registered Users A
  • team_member.gif
  •  
  • 24,551 posts
  2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In lockdown after positive covid tests 

Hope it's rampant.

indianajones

• Reserve Team
  •  
  • indianajones
  • Paid Member
  • team_premium.gif
  •  
  • 6,489 posts

Please tell me they had returned back to training and cannot furlough players again? 

theshed

•  
  • theshed
  • Registered Users A
  • team_member.gif
  •  
  • 1,707 posts
  • Location - Edinburgh
  2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Please tell me they had returned back to training and cannot furlough players again? 

Season starts next Saturday so they must be training 

That will surely be that game off now 

Sooperstar

• Squad Member
  •  
  • Sooperstar
  • Paid Member
  • team_premium.gif
  •  
  • 21,832 posts

Heartwarming news.

Dunks

• South Morocco
  •  
  • Dunks
  • Secret Santa Winner 2019
  • kisspng-santa-claus-santa-suit-christmas
  •  
  • 12,829 posts
  • Location - Innerleithen

DR reporting it ....

Jumper

•  
  • Jumper
  • Members
  •  
  • 12 posts

Is it not 14 days isolation now? If so, surely the whole league programme is stuffed is it not?

MattyK82

• Midfield maestro
  •  
  • MattyK82
  • Registered Users A
  • team_member.gif
  •  
  • 442 posts
  2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In lockdown after positive covid tests 

8AC01809-F595-4B96-AC1B-E358DBE32FF7.gif.e2022e75cbeb16b29323d4199088aa7b.gifDelicious.

Are all of you that have chucked a reddie not realising that this is a cut and paste from Kickback and not my opinion??????????????

Edited by Green Day

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

First off, obviously I hope that those backroom staff who do have it get well.

On the footballing side, lets just hope that none of the players test +ve in order that you guys dont have some start/stop/start again shite just at the point we all want the matches back again.

This is going to happen elsewhere during the season and the fixture list will be all over the place. The SPFL should have ensured there are spaces to allow postponed games to be played rather than use up every available space on the Betfred cup. If there is a second wave that will ensure a full fixture list cannot be played. Pity we are so reliant on TV money

1 hour ago, Oldchap said:

This is going to happen elsewhere during the season and the fixture list will be all over the place. The SPFL should have ensured there are spaces to allow postponed games to be played rather than use up every available space on the Betfred cup. If there is a second wave that will ensure a full fixture list cannot be played. Pity we are so reliant on TV money

Unfortunately a second wave is inevitable as seen in a few countries already. I reckon the season could be an absolute shitshow, I really hope not but I'm not too optimistic..

1 hour ago, Oldchap said:

The bulk of the Betfred Cup games are being played during the international break - they wouldn't reasonably be able to play postponed league games in that period anyway.

There are still several free midweeks during the fixture list - the only real issue will come if one of our clubs goes deep into a European competition.

Edited by craigkillie

As we’ve seen in other countries, positive tests =/= postponement.

The testing regime negates the need to fully self-isolate all contacts for 14 days. Those who’ve been identified as a close contact of the positive cases will simply be isolated for 24-48 hours until they can be tested again and hopefully prove a negative result. Those who were not in direct contact with any of the 7 will just be tested again later in the week in line with the protocol.

The key thing is getting the known cases out of the building and then testing everyone to make sure they don’t have it. The 7 will be back by the end of next week (isolation for those who actually tested positive is only 7 days), provided they’re asymptomatic and don’t become seriously ill, and the Livingston game should go ahead.

This is of course conditional on the hope that no one tests positive in the next round, other than the 7 that are known about and have been isolated from the rest of the squad.

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Are all of you that have chucked a reddie not realising that this is a cut and paste from Kickback and not my opinion??????????????

I thought it was a pretty decent Lee Wallace impersonation myself. Disappointed for you. :(

Got to love the baller move here by us, just as the arbitration panel will be deciding whether it was too premature to finish the season we throw up some positive tests to show the infection is far from away.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Wasn't this Saints own "in house" testing rather than the (now twice) weekly routine testing ?

Private testing company as far as I know. The swabs or whatever must be sent somewhere for testing. 

5 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Private testing company as far as I know. The swabs or whatever must be sent somewhere for testing. 

I believe besides Celtic and Ross County all the other Clubs send the tests to a private lab in England.

Of course, if these 2nd batch of tests being reported by TalkSport (I know, I know) are true then it's still concerning that one person has caught it but isolated incidents will constantly happen.

The presence of a case is a lot less concerning than the prospect of a cluster of cases in a small area.

I have concerns about this. It is, without doubt, a good thing if those who tested positive are shown to be negative, and as DJC says it sounds a bit odd there was no cross contamination into the team.

However, considering there is a culture of fucking idiots (and that's me being polite) who seem to treat this issue as either not important or, even worse, some sort of hoax, situations like this will be used by those to further their agenda(s).

As I say, if it does turn out these are false negatives, that can only be a good thing for those involved (and their families and friends), and I'm not arguing personal versus ideological.