The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

57 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I was a youngster at that game. Sure it was a midweek game and through the fog of time, I’m sure it wasn’t given as it went under the net, but I may be wrong

11th December '71 v Albion Rovers , we were in the process of messing up any chance of promotion , and that was a rare victory as we were in a run that saw us lose to Cowden , Stenny and the 'Shire !

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

I was a youngster at that game. Sure it was a midweek game and through the fog of time, I’m sure it wasn’t given as it went under the net, but I may be wrong

Indeed it was a low shoot into the corner where the net was not tied down properly so the ball looked like the net had bust with the shoot but fact was it went under a unsecured bit of net. But it's always nice to say Gordon bust the net with a shoot. 

1 hour ago, meadowroadsaint said:

You are correct, initially not given, but after a Var Check  net inspection the goal was given.

Pretty sure it was versus Albion Rovers.

Me and Glenburn Bud knew it was a goal 😉

One of the few games from that era, where I couldn't  actually recall the opposition. For some reason I thought it was Brechin City.

57 minutes ago, AW saint said:

It really is great to see our players out on international duty. Shows how far we have come. 

I’m probably going to get slaughtered for this but I think St Mirren fans have read far too much into the international caps for their players. The fawning over Baccus during the World Cup was a bit tin pot.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m probably going to get slaughtered for this but I think St Mirren fans have read far too much into the international caps for their players. The fawning over Baccus during the World Cup was a bit tin pot.

No need to slaughter you, but Baccus was the first St Mirren player to appear in a World Cup finals, and not only did he hold his own, he impressed.

It was well worth a bit of fawning, and was far removed from being tinpot. Following the World Cup, his form dipped a bit, and many St Mirren fans said so. So, it was far from wall-to-wall fawning over Baccus this season.

Consider yourself admonished, not slaughtered. 😜

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Nah.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Meh.

That's about as much response your posts warrant these days.

We get some very decent players who are playing international football and raising the profile of the club, but no don’t celebrate it. 
Jesus fucken wept.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

We get some very decent players who are playing international football and raising the profile of the club, but no don’t celebrate it. 
Jesus fucken wept.

I don’t really think a guy getting a game for New Zealand is worth writing home about although I do get that you guys have had quite a rough 20-30 years so it’s right you are happy with how things are at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I'm sure you will go on about it when Brad Lyons gets capped for Northern Ireland and man marks Messi in a World Cup...

33 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Maybe you'll be able to gain a greater understanding of the situation when you sign a player who achieves what Baccus has in such a short period of time.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

I'm sure you will go on about it when Brad Lyons gets capped for Northern Ireland and man marks Messi in a World Cup...

Did Messi not score after 2 minutes?

Even Lyons would do a better marking job than losing him that early.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t really think a guy getting a game for New Zealand is worth writing home about although I do get that you guys have had quite a rough 20-30 years so it’s right you are happy with how things are at the moment.

Trying. Too. Hard.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Brad Lyons and Messi ! That's far too ketamine far me.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

In the World Cup match it was 35 minutes as the now World  champions won narrowly 2-1. I think the jealousy is reeking out of you given the current differences between our respective squads.

Of course, I don't call you "weird" just because you have a different opinion to me, unlike some of your fellow Killie fans.

17 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

PS - It’s also worth remembering that a guy who played a World Cup QF against France (I think) was freed by us a few months earlier as he wasn’t good enough.

Is that one of the two Nigerian ‘internationalists’ you signed and then paid money to f**k off?