The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Zach Hemming already out there apparently.

Also some insight as to why his form dropped last season

Zach Hemming - Killie Kickback - KillieFC.com

image.thumb.png.29cde70c902ae4d19f1c694cfa528ca7.png

Very interesting and shows the effect of one person missing in a player's life can have.

His partner seems like a good sort as well. Quite insightful that she's blaming herself for not uprooting with the children to make sure he settles and it's a remarkably similar situation to the one we currently have with Carson as well.

I wonder if the upside of Robinson and Carsons friendship is that you got him ahead of others, but the downside is Robinson is less likely to put up a fight if Carson gets a move closer to home?

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Zach Hemming already out there apparently.

Also some insight as to why his form dropped last season

Zach Hemming - Killie Kickback - KillieFC.com

image.thumb.png.29cde70c902ae4d19f1c694cfa528ca7.png

So no secret we want a better 2nd keeper than last season.

Is it Hemming? He's a potential option, so we'll see this week, if he is on trial.

Can't imagine Carson is afraid though.

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Is Robbo taking advantage of an opportunity to get Zach Hemmings on a three year contract , with a view of having two strong keepers this season and Letting Carson go at the end of the season ..

I doubt it. Hemming won’t want to spend another season as number 2 - if he’s coming in then it’s likely because there has been some sort of fallout and he’ll be our number 1.

6 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I doubt it. Hemming won’t want to spend another season as number 2 - if he’s coming in then it’s likely because there has been some sort of fallout and he’ll be our number 1.

I think we need 2 keepers we can rely on this season - we were always vulnerable last season in that area if Carson got injured, which fortunately he didn't.

2 hours ago, medals said:

Ok, so after all the knickerwetting Baccus deal is still not done so no one, outside the inner circle knows the no.s being discussed and Carson is still our player.

No way he's going to Dee.

Signings later in the wk and into next week.

Get a grip man, we are a top 6 team nooooo

Finally, somebody took some iniative and phoned the club. Well done.

25 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Maybe it's the cause of the fallout?

Perhaps the Bolton deal isn't quite as done as people seem to think. Was under the impression that he'd be signing early this week or at least going for a medical. Surely its high risk having him out in NI training if he's about to be another team's player. 

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Maybe it's the cause of the fallout?

I don’t think that would be an issue. Carson will he’s nailed on first choice under Robinson, there will be more to it.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps the Bolton deal isn't quite as done as people seem to think. Was under the impression that he'd be signing early this week or at least going for a medical. Surely its high risk having him out in NI training if he's about to be another team's player. 

It certainly doesn't look like it.

23 minutes ago, FTOF said:

All present and correct, bar any of the goalies.

Even Baccus, Ayunga and Brophy are there.

Pretty sure Carson is there in the background. About 1 min 25 in. Squint really hard and all that…

5 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Pretty sure Carson is there in the background. About 1 min 25 in. Squint really hard and all that…

That's Brophy and the physio Gerry Docherty.

Unsurprisingly it looks like Brophy isn't fit enough to take part in actual football.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Unsurprisingly it looks like Brophy isn't fit enough to take part in actual football.

Brophy hanging about with the physio is the most Brophy thing that ever did Brophy.

Lone Wolf right enough.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I know who I’d rather it be…

On 25/06/2023 at 19:48, Hendo said:

600k for a 27 year old with 1 year left on his contract who has spent most of his career bouncing around non-league clubs in England is a pretty wild valuation, as is 500k for Anderson - i actually think he's a decent player and wouldn't mind us signing him, but he's probably worth about 100 to 150k at most.

New articles out now saying the price is £1m :D If we get that, then my word.