The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, btb said:

Am I alone in not really caring much about how many stripes the strip (sic) contains or whether it has red, yellow or pink edging? As long as it's B&W I'm not too much bothered, I'd quite like to see us play in a yin-yang outfit which I think could accommodate the logo between the two dots easily.

Graphic T-Shirt

You won’t be alone, there will be other folk who don’t give much thought to the strip, as long as the guys wearing it are winning football games. I do think the majority of folk have an opinion on them though, and as long as the strip leans towards what we’ve had recently, rather than, let’s say, the JD Sports Brian Caldwell had a bad trip strip, they’ll be happier.

For those of us who DO enjoy a close-season new strip w**k-a-thon….

Let us enjoy our fun. 😀

Like the Captain, I'd prefer it without cheques. The sponsor fitted last seasons kit better, this time it breaks the stripes a bit too much for my liking, but it's not the worst looking sponsor and Macron have at least kept everything symmetrical with the badge and their logo positioned well. Will it have complete stripes on the back? Looking at the image you can see stripes on the reverse side, look at the hem at the bottom, but does it incorporate a "back plate" for the numbers?

Personally I think last seasons strips were probably the best home/away combo we've had in years, so I didn't expect us to match that this time round, especially with a new kit manufacturer. I've not seen the away top, but going by the home one, I presume it's going to be a red and black chequer pattern incorporated somehow. I hope we don't "go for something different" as we've seen the howler that is Aberdeen's away top, although to be fair that isn't as as bad as the JD Sports/Carbrini* numbers we wore a few years back.

All in all, though, it's far from dreadful by any means, and if we hadn't had such good strips in recent years this new one would have been well up the list.

* On the matter with Carbrini, is the top of our stadium painted with their logo still? Might want to tap up that fat annoying c*nt for some extra cash if so.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

* On the matter with Carbrini, is the top of our stadium painted with their logo still? Might want to tap up that fat annoying c*nt for some extra cash if so.

It never was? It was the dome that had JD sports logo on it. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

It never was? It was the dome that had JD sports logo on it. 

Ah, yes, it was the dome..

880f842be9b870b1f9fc2c1f5e69b03d.jpg

For some reason I thought it had been painted on the actual roof.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like there's another bidder from Championship in for Baccus according to Bolton's local news site.

Got a feeling that'll be more his agent than actual bites. Not the say there won't be interest, but reading between the lines, and with the "mystery bidder" remaining anonymous, it sounds like we asked for an increased price, Bolton are humming and hawing over it, and this agent in an attempt to earn his percentage slyly puts it out that Bolton might not be his sole suitors.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

Got a feeling that'll be more his agent than actual bites. Not the say there won't be interest, but reading between the lines, and with the "mystery bidder" remaining anonymous, it sounds like we asked for an increased price, Bolton are humming and hawing over it, and this agent in an attempt to earn his percentage slyly puts it out that Bolton might not be his sole suitors.

Hey ho - rumoured to be Ipswich in for Baccus. We were told that the delay was due to visa issues but it might well be the agent being a dick.

Our brush with death has meant that we stick to what we can afford and if that ain't Baccus, so be it.  An "agreed deal" with Wilson from Brizzle has also stalled.

We move on.

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Hey ho - rumoured to be Ipswich in for Baccus. We were told that the delay was due to visa issues but it might well be the agent being a dick.

Our brush with death has meant that we stick to what we can afford and if that ain't Baccus, so be it.  An "agreed deal" with Wilson from Brizzle has also stalled.

We move on.

I'll not lie, I think that he should be going for more than was quoted, even though we know the figure quoted is probably not the case.

I don't mind where he ends up, other than if they were our rivals in the Premiership.

It is a DISGRACE that the club have not issued a full press release on where Trevor Carson is and detailed to the exact penny how much the offer from Bolton for Baccus was.

A DISGRACE.

Or it could just be things that are totallty normal in football occurring within the club.

Regardless, announce the 20 goal a season striker right now!

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It is a DISGRACE that the club have not issued a full press release on where Trevor Carson is and detailed to the exact penny how much the offer from Bolton for Baccus was.

A DISGRACE.

Or it could just be things that are totallty normal in football occurring within the club.

Statistics show that mouth foam from balloons on Twitter has increased by a thousand percent as a result of our failure to respond to every unsubstantiated rumour connected with the club.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

A DISGRACE.

See this is where a pro-active social media team would recognise the supporters getting antsy with a lack of news then throws out some red meat for the twitter crowd. It could be something completely unrelated to strips or signings, but it would let steam off a little. Now, to be fair, it's not complete silence from them, but it's pretty much "by the numbers" stuff.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

See this is where a pro-active social media team would recognise the supporters getting antsy with a lack of news then throws out some red meat for the twitter crowd. It could be something completely unrelated to strips or signings, but it would let steam off a little. Now, to be fair, it's not complete silence from them, but it's pretty much "by the numbers" stuff.

As it should be.

12 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Its a fitba tap.

Aye, but does it have breatheable micro-mesh moisture-wicking under-arm panels and clima-cool technology woven into the fabric?

Gie’s the lowdown Drooper. 😎

Just now, FTOF said:

As it should be.

Sure, you don't want an account to go rogue, but equally there is something to be said for accounts that are agile enough to divert fan concerns (a "Kansas City Shuffle" as it were).

Now, you could ask, do some of the manchild (manchildren?) online deserve such kid glove treatment? No, but it's a "stitch in time" situation, isn't it.

10 hours ago, Biscuits said:

This thread really does prove that no one on here knows anything.  About anything. 

There are known unknowns, its the unknown unknowns that are the problem.  D.R. 2002

Edited by medals

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Like the Captain, I'd prefer it without cheques. The sponsor fitted last seasons kit better, this time it breaks the stripes a bit too much for my liking, but it's not the worst looking sponsor and Macron have at least kept everything symmetrical with the badge and their logo positioned well.

I actually think the Digby Brown logo looks better on the new shirt, as it breaks three vertical black stripes. The last shirt broke two, if anything, creating a big visual white ‘St George’s Cross’ effect in the middle if you look at it for any length of time. My comment would be that on last year’s shirt, the logo was higher up, just under the club crest. That looks better than how lower it is on the new one. Just my observation and personal opinion. Both shirts here look good Smurrrnn shirts.

It’s a fitba’ tap’ though. So, aye, gie’s a signing etc.

E4A2C041-CD81-4461-8D3C-175B5432852E.jpeg

6B8962E9-15CE-4667-8343-F79630DD7FE6.jpeg