The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, pozbaird said:

BBC Sport refusing to name St Mirren’s new striker, even though they were informed of his identity seven weeks ago.

It's Huw Edwards!

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Probably the same idea that Middlesborough had when they signed him from Billericay Town.

It's the sort of signing that Livingston seem to make, but theirs tend to develop into decent players.

To be fair, other teams' fans seem to only remember the good ones. For every Nouble there's a Panayiotou and an Isma

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

We haven't played in Montrose in the guts of 50 years competitively so there could well be plenty like me who, despite following Saints for 40 odd years have never been to Links Park. I'm going purely for that reason as there are very few grounds left I haven't seen us play in bar the obvious newer additions. Four of us coming on the train and a day out, I expect a good few others will be seeing this similarly. I would hope 500+.

Posted similar on our own FB page. My first Montrose game was against St. Mirren in 1972. I can't remember any others in the past 51 years, home or away. Wouldn't mind a similar scoreline,  we won 3-1.

3 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Posted similar on our own FB page. My first Montrose game was against St. Mirren in 1972. I can't remember any others in the past 51 years, home or away. Wouldn't mind a similar scoreline,  we won 3-1.

Dream it, otherwise forget it. We'll score 4

53 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Given Robbo's love for signing players more than once and based on nothing else, Shayon Harrison? Signed by Robbo at Morecambe and just off the back of a season in Romania. 

Only played 3 games for Morecambe though and was released from his contract half way through…..

but you never know! 

7 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Montrose were in the First Division when we won it in 76/77 under Alex Ferguson

Montrose finished 5th - I think you also finished 3rd in the 70s - probably the greatest spell in your history?

We drew 2-2 at Love Street on the final day when we were presented with the trophy

We beat you 2-0 at Love Street and 4-2 at Links Park early in the season, with a 4-0 win over Dundee sandwiched in between both games. 

19 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Montrose were in the First Division when we won it in 76/77 under Alex Ferguson

Montrose finished 5th - I think you also finished 3rd in the 70s - probably the greatest spell in your history?

We drew 2-2 at Love Street on the final day when we were presented with the trophy

We beat you 2-0 at Love Street and 4-2 at Links Park early in the season, with a 4-0 win over Dundee sandwiched in between both games. 

The best era bar none to have been a St Mirren fan. The Fergie days were just filled with exciting free flowing glorious football. 

McGarvey, Stark, Richardson, Fitzy, Reid, Copland, Hyslop Abercrombie …. Those were the days :P

No way it's Curtis Main, Steven Fletcher or Christian Doidge.

The manager says it's a player we've been after for a while and he's excited about, so that rules out Main.

Also says he's quick so that rules out Fletcher and Doidge.

Pressley looks the most likely IMHO, but it could just as easy be someone totally left field.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Why do we keep signing guys who can hardly  score in a brothel never mind a game of football. If its Pressly looking at his stats nothing to write home about.

Really? 

Screenshot_20230714_164752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4605cc58be4c830167b877e3aad02970.jpg

8 in 27 at League one level for a 21 year old is impressive in itself. Even more when this was one of the two poorest teams in the league. 

I'd say he had a good scoring record last season.