The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I’ve never met Alan Wardrop, or the directors, or indeed any Kibble staff. I know Alan’s face from seeing him around the stadium, like many long time fans. Plenty of guys who ‘I recognise that guy’s face’. I just find it a bit sad that whatever went on, and my limited experience of doing stuff for the club made it abundantly clear that a lot of crap does go on, couldn’t be done behind closed doors.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It all seems very straight-forward to me.

The directors and Alan Wardrop will have their day in court.

If he can substantiate his claims with proof then he'll be laughing. If he can't? Well, that's literally the point of why it's in the courts.

Did he order a code red though.

44 minutes ago, billyg said:

I don't know AW personally , but he is an "old school" St Mirren fan. I'm afraid that there lies the problem. For decades there has been too much of an "old school " influence on club matters, dating back to (earlier than ?) the 70s and the Todd, Corson reign when Sir AF had saved the club from oblivion and turned it completely round in three years , only for the BOD to fail to turn a blind eye to some misdemeanours that were only for the good of the players and the club. To this day it still seems that the support want to be as successful as possible , but the old-guard , like AW and some notable others want to do it in the old style , small-time , St Mirren way. I'm afraid when we have forward thinking new blood on the board , Fan-ownership and a fantastic CEO ? in Keith Lasley, then things are going to be much different from the past. Seeing AW stand up and berate the board members at the AGM was like stepping into a 70s time capsule , a cringe-fest which should have been nipped in the bud !

100%. This goes to the guys who forced out the old SMISA board as well. 

Thankfully, they seemed to have settled down and obviously Devine is away but we all need to move on.

Wardop will be found out in court. 

On 19/07/2023 at 12:54, Arch Stanton said:

Stadium announcer...

"Tanser off, Strapp on".

That gag has been done.

Morton tannoy did it in a League Cup group game a few years ago. It happened to be Ladies' Day in hospitality.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Hmm have they got their Dannys and their Neils mixed up?

One look at his twitter and ye can relax. A full on transfer rumour spamming machine. 

Probably someone commented on him being at the Dumbarton game (to see his son) and this guy has done the old 2+2=5

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I just don't think we should be wasting value funds on more backroom staff. We really don't need a DoF type.

Agreed, better players and squad are a much higher priority 

4 hours ago, Silvio said:

100%. This goes to the guys who forced out the old SMISA board as well. 

Thankfully, they seemed to have settled down and obviously Devine is away but we all need to move on.

Wardop will be found out in court. 

or not!