The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

10 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Just looked at ticket sales for Saturday. Very poor! I thought folk'd be itching to get back.  

Given it's the middle of the summer holidays and there are other things on, not surprising. Added that we've played terribly in the last game, treat them as pre-season friendlies and it's against a team we played last year too.

I just really have little interest in the group stage and I'll make my mind up on the day -suspect many others will too. 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I agree 

For me, Lewis Morgan was the difference between us winning the Championship and finishing mid table

Agreed. 

I loved during that time when Morgan was so influential and devastating to other teams they'd either try (and sometimes still fail) to rugby tackle him or just stand there helpless as he powered past them. 

That 18 months spell where we stayed up then won the league is probably my favourite time watching St Mirren. Morgan played a huge part in that. 

Strain is still a great player though and I expect him to move on before the window shuts.

McMenamin injured but should be back soon. Looking unlikely we'll sign anyone other than the striker (unless others leave or Robbo can convince the board). Lennon clearly still training with us too. 

Edited by saintmurn

Robbo pretty much confirms that Carson will be away. So for me, a GK, LB and one more ST and I'd be happy with the squad.

I would be surprised if all 3 of Olusanya, Jamieson and Offord are all here come the first league game. With another month to go of the window, there's plenty of time for comings and goings.

I'm comfortble that the management will have targets - other than the mentioned forward - in mind and we just have to be patient.

I'm delighted there's no rumours or hints at who else could be coming in. The business should kept totally under wraps until it's official. I think a massive section of the support just has to chill out a wee bit, be patient and see where we are come August 31.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

The recruitment this Summer has been really frustrating, I think everyone is feeling that.

We've firstly had to recruit a goalkeeper, unexpectedly, because of the Carson fall out, and the general feeling, and this is no harm to Hemming, is that the current first choice goalkeeper is not as good as the one we've lost. I don't think that's hugely controversial.

Then we've re-signed Chilli D, who was superb first part of last season, but who certainly tailed off a bit towards the end of the season.

McMenamin looked a great bit of business, only to then come in and be played at LWB in his first real game, then also got injured.

Nahmani also looks a good signing, but that then took about 5 weeks for him to arrive, and he's nowhere close to being fit to play.

And we got Mandron, who, let's be honest, looks fairly underwhelming.

Then there is the "exciting striker" we were promised "in the next day or so" a week ago, who is still not here.

In between all that we've played two games against lower league opposition and lost them both without scoring a goal.

You can understand why folk are getting agitated.