The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

59 minutes ago, FTOF said:

St Mirren 2-2 Aberdeen | Scottish Premiership highlights | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

It's on this clip.

He tries to place the ball. If he'd put his foot through it the donkey they have in goals wouldn't have had an earthly.

I think he did very well to even get a shot away after a run like that. Keeper got his foot to it, sometimes they go for you, sometimes not. 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

St Mirren 2-2 Aberdeen | Scottish Premiership highlights | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

It's on this clip.

He tries to place the ball. If he'd put his foot through it the donkey they have in goals wouldn't have had an earthly.

Cheers! Good to know there’s a more extensive highlights package out there.  

The most recent SMISA update makes depressing reading. 

SMFC board not providing information to the enquiry into the funding application, Kibble directors taking legal action and seeking orders against SMISA, who in turn have had to seek legal advice. I must have missed all this in John Needham's update a few weeks ago.

Makes it all the more remarkable how well things are going on the pitch when this shite is going on in the background.

Window slamming shut this week, can only assume another keeper is on his way. We need a senior keeper who is proven at this or equivalent level to challenge Hemming for the number one spot. Urminsky will not play in place of Hemming, no matter how many more howlers Zach has, which is far from ideal. Probably not within reach, but someone like Benji Siegrist from Celtic would be perfect. He's third choice there and hasn't played a minute in the league since he moved from Dundee Utd last summer. 

Carson made some really bad mistakes last season, the management team stuck by him. They’ll do the same with Zach, he made an error on Sunday all players make mistakes. 

He’s been playing well so it would be poor management to drop him for one mistake. 

Richard Taylor has been like a rolls Royce playing at centre back, but he gave away the free kick that resulted in that flukey goal. 
I certainly won’t be calling for him to be dropped.

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Carson made some really bad mistakes last season, the management team stuck by him. They’ll do the same with Zach, he made an error on Sunday all players make mistakes. 

He’s been playing well so it would be poor management to drop him for one mistake. 

Richard Taylor has been like a rolls Royce playing at centre back, but he gave away the free kick that resulted in that flukey goal. 
I certainly won’t be calling for him to be dropped.

The Goal was as much Tansers fault as it was Hemming. Tanser ran towards Zach and they left it to each other. If Tanser doesnt make his move then it's an easy catch. 

Hemming is our number one and I don't see him being replaced. 

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

The Goal was as much Tansers fault as it was Hemming. Tanser ran towards Zach and they left it to each other. If Tanser doesnt make his move then it's an easy catch. 

Tanser also played everyone on side at that goal too. 

15 hours ago, medals said:

Better if we need to increase the capacity and still nearly fill it regularly.

If we've to compete financially this would help a lot

I've no doubt, at least the top 5 teams in the league and possibly Dundee would sell out the away allocation if we upped the capacity. The issue we have is the cost it would take to fill in one of the corners short term. I'm take a stab in the dark here, though I couldn't see a corner making more than 300-500 extra seats available with current layout.

Just one of those split-second moments of indecision between Tanser & Hemming IMHO. Harsh to beat anyone up over that. When you watch the replay you think ‘just claim it Hemming’, but at full speed, at that second, just one of those unfortunate things. By the time Tanser leaves it to Hemming and Hemming leaves it to Tanser, it’s in.

In regard to relegation. Ross C and Livvy for me. One plastic pitch, one miles away, both bring three men and a dug to the SMiSA. Killie get their pass from me over those two due to proximity to Paisley and for having a support who come through in numbers to create an atmosphere in the away stand.

I wouldn’t expect fans of Ross C or Livvy to give two flying fcuks what I think, so I assume they’ll be OK with me not giving two flying fcuks about their football clubs.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Window slamming shut this week, can only assume another keeper is on his way. We need a senior keeper who is proven at this or equivalent level to challenge Hemming for the number one spot. Urminsky will not play in place of Hemming, no matter how many more howlers Zach has, which is far from ideal. Probably not within reach, but someone like Benji Siegrist from Celtic would be perfect. He's third choice there and hasn't played a minute in the league since he moved from Dundee Utd last summer. 

We’re not looking for another keeper.

I think folk are being harsh in singling out Hemming - and for the record I do think he has to come and get a touch on that ball.

However, Tanser drops deeper than the rest of the defence and actually starts baring down on the goalie - I can totally see why Hemming thinks Tanser is going to clear, just by catching a glimpse of him out the corner of his eye. In the end, they both leave it to each other and the ball sails straight in.

Terrible defesivley, but not entirely Hemming's fault - even though he must do better.

Hemming and Tanser have to both share the blame for that one.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

9 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

I've no doubt, at least the top 5 teams in the league and possibly Dundee would sell out the away allocation if we upped the capacity. The issue we have is the cost it would take to fill in one of the corners short term. I'm take a stab in the dark here, though I couldn't see a corner making more than 300-500 extra seats available with current layout.

Yes cost verses payback is always the issue. 

I'm just thinking we are so far behind the top 5 in crowd revenues that it would be great if we could get nearer to them.

It may be possible to build above/extend a main stand too.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

you make it sound like zach has made loads of howlers.why have you got it in for the guy?

18 minutes ago, AW saint said:

This is exactly my point, all players make errors it’s just football, if players go on a run of sustained poor form then  the manager has a decision to make. 

Both Tanser and Hemming made an honest mistake. We move on.