The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not only opposition fans.

Many of our own fans, myself included. He's been absolutely superb and was excellent again today. Two massive saves when called upon.

Nearly every single one of us to be fair.

We had also written off Greive and big Olusanya. 

I admit to wondering about the wisdom of signing Olusanya, but I have never even thought about writing Greive off. My opinion of him has not changed since first seeing him - he’s raw, he’s not a natural finisher, but boy, he tries, affects games, holds the ball up well, has pace, a good attitude, certainly has a goal in him, and I for one, am delighted he remains part of our squad.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I admit to wondering about the wisdom of signing Olusanya, but I have never even thought about writing Greive off. My opinion of him has not changed since first seeing him - he’s raw, he’s not a natural finisher, but boy, he tries, affects games, holds the ball up well, has pace, a good attitude, certainly has a goal in him, and I for one, am delighted he remains part of our squad.

If Olusanya had a finisher's instinct on him, he'd be nailing a place down in a side in the English Championship, no bother.

Every single defender he's played again has been absolutely torn up by his pace. He's created about 8 or 9 clear cut chances already this season and has one goal to his name. Boy's an absolute athlete.

Twice in first half hour today he got in behind with ease and once played a pretty lame square ball and the other took a touch too many and Clark was on him.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Nearly every single one of us to be fair.

We had also written off Greive and big Olusanya. 

Not me.:angel

What a difference a year makes for Olusanya.

The abuse he got for his performance after coming on as a sub v Hearts last season was OTT. Worst player ever according to some.

Still not convinced with Greive as a starter, but what an option to have as a sub.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If Olusanya had a finisher's instinct on him, he'd be nailing a place down in a side in the English Championship, no bother.

Every single defender he's played again has been absolutely torn up by his pace.

Looking forward to Considine absolutely pocketing him in our 3-0 win (MacPherson hat trick) over you in a wee while.

Another brilliant day out in Paisley! Injuries and the winter transfer window may well do for us, but we have a real chance of top 4/5.

Listened to Robbo on the Open Goal podcast on the way to the game today. Enjoyed the detail like starting training a little later in the morning so that players can take their kids to school. Small things like that make for a happy workplace. Interesting too that when asked about his future it didn't take him long to mention Northern Ireland. Odds on that he'll take over when Michael O'Neil departs again.

PS get a new contract in front of Goga pronto.

I don't do as many away days as I used to and yes next week is closer to me than a home game but I would urge every Saints fan who can travel to Killie next week to do so. This is a team like nothing I have seen since the 80s, a proper team. Get to Killie if you can and show how much we appreciate this start. These are Halcyon days unlike most those other than old boys like myself will have seen

Olusanya is improving all the time. If only he had a strikers instinct. Love his attitude. 

Thought McMenamin had a poorer game today. His crossing wasn't great. 

The subs really helped today after we began to sit back too much in the 2nd half. 

We have the best squad in years. 

Fingers crossed for the cup game

1 minute ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I know. That’s why we need to get him signed on a permanent contract. 

He's got three years on his 'Boro contract, having just penned a new one in the summer, so it's unlikely we'd be able to sign him.