The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Much improved financial results. Great news!

IMG_5324.thumb.jpeg.9a0f3e880a06ddbe1823d429bdf0bc39.jpeg

AGM is due to take place on 12 December 2023 at the SMISA Stadium.

Oh no we've lost over 56k how will we survive! 

Given we offloaded big wages for this season and hopefully finish with even higher prize money, how will fans cope if we end in surplus next year?

Great results on and off the park - cheers for this...

A wee win tomorrow would be great too.

35 minutes ago, medals said:

Oh no we've lost over 56k how will we survive! 

Given we offloaded big wages for this season and hopefully finish with even higher prize money, how will fans cope if we end in surplus next year?

Great results on and off the park - cheers for this...

A wee win tomorrow would be great too.

If United get promoted we get a fee for big Dec G. 
I believe we also got a fee for Carson. 
Big Joe S plus the two players above would likely have been some of our highest earners. 

All looks much better in last years accounts and the forecast for this year was looking good too. 

Really could do with an exceptional season by John McGinn at Villa and Scotland at Euro24 to launch a bidding war to allow us to get a cut of the transfer. 

Edited by Molotov

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Big Joe S plus the two players above would likely have been some of our highest earners.

Yes, Tait, Brophy, Main and Watt for a few months too

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Didn't realise that we have 8 games between now and Hogmany. That's crazy as most of the streets about here have their Christmas Decorations up... 

Anyway, out of the 24 available points, how many could we realistically dream of?

Personally 15 would be an outstanding return, and any more would be just incredible. 

Games against SEVCO (Penalty Taverneir) Aberdeen and Hearts all look difficult, but wins against Ross County x 2, Sainties. Killy and Motherwell are all within the realms of possibilities. 

Its difficult to win games in this league, every team can beat every other team. I think maybe three wins and a couple of draws would be a decent return.

Tomorrow night is a difficult game, a point wouldnt be a bad result in that one.

39 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Didn't we get a fee for Jay Henderson too ?

4 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Didn't realise that we have 8 games between now and Hogmany. That's crazy as most of the streets about here have their Christmas Decorations up... 

Anyway, out of the 24 available points, how many could we realistically dream of?

Personally 15 would be an outstanding return, and any more would be just incredible. 

Games against SEVCO (Penalty Taverneir) Aberdeen and Hearts all look difficult, but wins against Ross County x 2, Sainties. Killy and Motherwell are all within the realms of possibilities. 

Might as well chuck Celtic on 2nd January into that mixer as well.

It's definitely a difficult run but well worth remembering that we won at Pittodrie and Tynecastle last season as well as at home to Celtic.

We are more than capable of catching out any of these teams on our day so I'd not be too surprised if we got a win somewhere among those three.

County and St. Johnstone away are always hard trips for us but we definitely need to keep pushing to beat teams around us like Killie and Motherwell at home.

From the 9 games, 15 points would be a quite brilliant return. 4 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

More expected is around 12-13 points which doesn't sound a lot but it's a lot of hard games and they are coming around really quickly with our small squad being really tested.

14 hours ago, Hendo said:

Its difficult to win games in this league, every team can beat every other team. I think maybe three wins and a couple of draws would be a decent return.

Tomorrow night is a difficult game, a point wouldnt be a bad result in that one.

I agree if the height of our ambition is a mid table (maybe top 6) finish, but if we harbour ambitions to qualify for Europe (or who knows, maybe 3rd), then surely we’ve got to pick up 3 points home and away to the sides at the bottom of the league?

The Financial Reports issued by the club are deliberately opaque so it's silly to try and read too much into them but last season included a Top6 finish in the league and an away cup tie to Sellick resulting in revenue by up by well over £1M from the previous season, are we likely to do much better this season?

We'll probably have the dilemna of trying to cash in on at least one of our better players in the January transfer window while maintaining our current league position. 

Just now, btb said:

The Financial Reports issued by the club are deliberately opaque so it's silly to try and read too much into them but last season included a Top6 finish in the league and an away cup tie to Sellick resulting in revenue by up by well over £1M from the previous season, are we likely to do much better this season?

We'll probably have the dilemna of trying to cash in on at least one of our better players in the January transfer window while maintaining our current league position. 

Was just about to type something similar - bit frustrating that we did so well on the park, had bigger crowds and made money from selling Erhahon (and I'd forgotten the extra cup cash from the Celtic game) yet didn't quite break even.

Obviously a huge improvement over the previous year, and it confirms one stand for the Old Firm hasn't provided us with an issue, but still not overly brilliant.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree if the height of our ambition is a mid table (maybe top 6) finish, but if we harbour ambitions to qualify for Europe (or who knows, maybe 3rd), then surely we’ve got to pick up 3 points home and away to the sides at the bottom of the league?

Ideally yes, hopefully we can but the tanking at Dens has maybe made me more anxious. Still, if 5th and probably Europe is our ambition, we only need 30 points from 25 games to reach the Hibs total from last season. This team should be capable of that.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ideally yes, hopefully we can but the tanking at Dens has maybe made me more anxious. Still, if 5th and probably Europe is our ambition, we only need 30 points from 25 games to reach the Hibs total from last season. This team should be capable of that.

Hibs total from last season (52) will have got you 5th about half the time in the league over the last 10 years.

Though on current projected PPG, 50 will see you 5th this season (Dundee), 58 for 4th (Hearts), 64 for 3rd (us) 

7 hours ago, btb said:

We also sold Ethan Erhahon