The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

16 hours ago, AW saint said:

Wtaf has happened to O'Hara this season. He is as poor as he was good last season. 

His whole body language suggests to me he's playing with some sort of physical issue. He doesn't look to be moving right and appears to be running through treacle. Also notable yesterday that he was opting not to go into 50/50s, he wasn't shitting out of tackles he was actually not making challenges that he possibly wasn't favourite to win. The short break might do him good because without CBM available he literally is "undropable" as the centre mid options are limited.

Up until the last couple of games, we’ve been playing with 2 central midfielders instead of the 3 we played with last season. This was to accommodate the 2 wide players along with a striker

O’Hara (and Baccus) have therefore more defensive work to do and less opportunities to attack.

With McMenanin dropped and a switch back to 2 up front, this means 3 central midfielders again and hopefully we’ll more of O’Hara & Baccus going forward 

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

With McMenanin dropped and a switch back to 2 up front, this means 3 central midfielders again and hopefully we’ll more of O’Hara & Baccus going forward 

I understand but he's regressed from a level where he was a genuine box to box engine room central mid who was everything that made us tick last season to struggling to find his man with 6 yard sideways passes this season.

I hope it's just poor form or a niggling injury but we need him in there. A guy who if a side had come in with high six figures pre-season, I'd have wanted us to chase them to now wholly advocating an extended spell out the side.

I'm at level now, I'd consider Bolton in, Gogic into midfield and O'Hara rested.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I understand but he's regressed from a level where he was a genuine box to box engine room central mid who was everything that made us tick last season to struggling to find his man with 6 yard sideways passes this season.

I hope it's just poor form or a niggling injury but we need him in there. A guy who if a side had come in with high six figures pre-season, I'd have wanted us to chase them to now wholly advocating an extended spell out the side.

I'm at level now, I'd consider Bolton in, Gogic into midfield and O'Hara rested.

Cannae mind what game it was recently, though O'Hara never tracked his man back who went on to score (think it may have been at Ibrox). It looked like he either switched off or didnt have the desire to chase him and bust a gut. 

Looking for a bit of advice. Just bought tickets for the game next week (£26 for adults is whitey material. I’m not having a go at St Mirren because we are most likely close to the same and other teams are worse, I’m just mentioning it). Anyway got 2 adult tickets and a kids ticket however all of the tickets simply state the prices for all levels of tickets (adult, concession, kids) with no clear marking on the ticket to show which is an adults and which is a child.

The only difference is that 2 of the tickets have 2 “retain stub” tear-aways and 1 only has 1 of the year-away stubs. We are assuming that this = kids ticket?

Only asking as we are entering the ground at different times so don’t want to turn up with the boy to find he’s got an adult ticket / adult trying to get in with kids ticket.

Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Looking for a bit of advice.

Ask the child. They will likely work it out for you. 😂 

our tickets for your fixture are £25. Our seats are a bit more expensive as there is leg room for adults. 

Edited by Molotov

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Looking for a bit of advice. Just bought tickets for the game next week (£26 for adults is whitey material. I’m not having a go at St Mirren because we are most likely close to the same and other teams are worse, I’m just mentioning it). Anyway got 2 adult tickets and a kids ticket however all of the tickets simply state the prices for all levels of tickets (adult, concession, kids) with no clear marking on the ticket to show which is an adults and which is a child.

The only difference is that 2 of the tickets have 2 “retain stub” tear-aways and 1 only has 1 of the year-away stubs. We are assuming that this = kids ticket?

Only asking as we are entering the ground at different times so don’t want to turn up with the boy to find he’s got an adult ticket / adult trying to get in with kids ticket.

Cheers 

Not sure how the away turnstile works but the home isn't manned. You can stick any one under the scanner and it will read.

Even though what you have asked is correct. It's the same with most away tickets I've bought.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Not sure how the away turnstile works but the home isn't manned. You can stick any one under the scanner and it will read.

Even though what you have asked is correct. It's the same with most away tickets I've bought.

I actually just remembered the scanners. We were in really early last October/November time the day when our fans had a lot of issues getting in. Have those issues been smoothed out now? I do remember another teams fans mentioning it around the same time but haven’t noticed anything since then.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I actually just remembered the scanners. We were in really early last October/November time the day when our fans had a lot of issues getting in. Have those issues been smoothed out now? I do remember another teams fans mentioning it around the same time but haven’t noticed anything since then.

It does seem to have improved since the beginning of the season.
What you will likely be subjected to is multiple steward checks for pyrotechnics but judging by the Motherwell display on Saturday that proved fruitless! 😂