The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's all "Killie" this and that. Absolutely f**k all about Kilmarnock.

Killie is a registered trademark of the club.

Hence why Brownings had to change the name from Killie Pie to Kilmarnock Pie after a dispute with then Chairman Michael Johnston or face legal action.

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Killie is a registered trademark of the club.

Hence why Brownings had to change the name from Killie Pie to Kilmarnock Pie after a dispute with then Chairman Michael Johnston or face legal action.

Trying to say that we don’t sing songs about Kilmarnock whilst at the same time admitting we sing songs including “Killie” just makes him look stupid.

Think we need another three of four new faces as well as Elvis . Two central defenders , an attacking midfielder and an aggressive midfielder.  For this to happen we probably need to put four out .  Can see Bolton , Dunne and one or two forwards going out on loan to make this happen . Also got a feeling one of the Australians will be sold .

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think we need another three of four new faces as well as Elvis . Two central defenders , an attacking midfielder and an aggressive midfielder.  For this to happen we probably need to put four out .  Can see Bolton , Dunne and one or two forwards going out on loan to make this happen . Also got a feeling one of the Australians will be sold .

No one is going to purchase Strain when he has just had an operation and out of contract in the summer. Selling Baccus now would be madness considering what we would be left with, unless we are just happy to plod along and finish mid-table and write the second half of the season off and reinvest in the summer – which would be extremely disappointing. He is also out of contract though, so we would be getting pennies on the pound.

Dunne should never have been resigned, and Bolton should never have been signed judging by how often he has been used.

1 minute ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

No one is going to purchase Strain when he has just had an operation and out of contract in the summer. Selling Baccus now would be madness considering what we would be left with, unless we are just happy to plod along and finish mid-table and write the second half of the season off and reinvest in the summer – which would be extremely disappointing. He is also out of contract though, so we would be getting pennies on the pound.

Dunne should never have been resigned, and Bolton should never have been signed judging by how often he has been used.

I think for us to make top six we need to freshen things up ,  bring a sharpness to our midfield and tighten up central defence . Players need to move on for this to happen . 

8 hours ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

Both provide cover for injured/suspended players.

We'll need them over the coming months.

Definitely need to bolster the midfield though.

On 25/12/2023 at 00:14, MenstrieSaint said:

I think for us to make top six we need to freshen things up ,  bring a sharpness to our midfield and tighten up central defence . Players need to move on for this to happen . 

I think for us to make top six, the most important thing is that others have mixed results too. Obviously, we need to take care of our own business, but as an example, if the Old Firm are playing a Killie, Hearts, Hibs etc, we need the ugly to win. If Livingston or Motherwell could pick off a few draws against the likes of Aberdeen, Killie, etc, then great. Basically, whatever helps. Everything still to play for, and we’ve already had a lot of results in other games go our way this season… but look what happens when Killie and Dundee for example, get a wee run going. Hearts too. After the start we had, I actually thought maybe this season, it would be all about what we do, but that thought has been flushed down the pan now. Same as every season then - really need other teams to lose too, when we lose.

Edited by pozbaird

On 25/12/2023 at 00:14, MenstrieSaint said:

I think for us to make top 6 we need a miracle we might make top 8 if we are lucky.

43 minutes ago, Torfason said:

MOH needs rested, he has been off it for weeks and I’m not sure Jonah is ready to be playing every week. Robbo needs to freshen things up as the team looks stale.

Drop MOH and move Gogic into midfield. 

Gogic into midfield is not the answer. We need him at the back. We need our midfield to step up. O'Hara was better tonight but still no end product. Baccus was isolated and Kiltie was below par. 

Our strikers are not good enough. 

Time to move 3 on and look for better. 

11 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Gogic into midfield is not the answer. We need him at the back. We need our midfield to step up. O'Hara was better tonight but still no end product. Baccus was isolated and Kiltie was below par. 

Our strikers are not good enough. 

Time to move 3 on and look for better. 

Midfield is non existent and as it stands Gogic would help in there. I suppose tho he is also holding the back line together. Taylor is needing rested too he’s far too casual and causing problems for us at present. No doubt he has ability but he’s prone to one . Dunne seems to be well out of the plan despite being fast and a solid enough player - I have heard people say he’s not got it but I think he’s deserving on a chance now . The main issue is that in final third we are dire. No creativity no ability really. Lots of running and huffing and puffing but no goals. I would probably say Mandron deserves a shot and I’d like to see him and Nahmani play as I think Mandron is a clever player. Ayunga seems to want to beat a player two or three times and it generally end with possession lost . Tough watch these past two months and a v hard game on Saturday.