The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To cheer us up a wee bit, South Korea equalised against Australia in the 6th of 7 minutes injury time with a penalty and have now just taken the lead in ET.

Back you come Keanu. 

Boy Miller from Hibs gave both away. Pen and free kick that Son scored from.

Anyone on here think that a factor in KVV decision might’ve been the uncertainty that Robinson might not be at St Mirren next week? I personally don’t think Aberdeen should go down that route but I definitely think it might’ve had a part of the decision making process for KVV.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Anyone on here think that a factor in KVV decision might’ve been the uncertainty that Robinson might not be at St Mirren next week? I personally don’t think Aberdeen should go down that route but I definitely think it might’ve had a part of the decision making process for KVV.

I think a combination of our recent form and the memory of Goodwin will keep Aberdeen away from Robbo. I had heard they approached Scott Brown but cant see that happening either. They need someone with experience

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

No

6 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

I think a combination of our recent form and the memory of Goodwin will keep Aberdeen away from Robbo. I had heard they approached Scott Brown but cant see that happening either. They need someone with experience

Someone like McInnes will be rated higher than SR by them I'm sure. Doubt they'll go there either but you never know.

Here's hoping they continue with their recent record of guys that bomb, despite a big budget.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It's been a good couple of years since Aberdeen appointed a St Mirren manager with a long recent losing streak in his back pocket, so maybe they will be tempted again.

I can't see them doing it, but it did make me laugh at the time that we ended up with the superior manager out of that whole episode. What's also funny is that if Aberdeen would NEVER habe recruited Robbo when he was at Morecambe.

I think they'll see what candidates make themselves available before trying to poach from within this league.

I don't think there is any chance Aberdeen would go for Robbo, McInnes or Doc right now. If they are still doing well this time next year when Aberdeen fire whatever "sexier" option they inevitably appoint now, then St Mirren/Killie/Dundee fans should worry a bit more.

58 minutes ago, GAD said:

I don't think there is any chance Aberdeen would go for Robbo, McInnes or Doc right now. If they are still doing well this time next year when Aberdeen fire whatever "sexier" option they inevitably appoint now, then St Mirren/Killie/Dundee fans should worry a bit more.

Robson's overall win record was 43% although he's only won 6 from 21 league games this season.

McInnes percentage for wins was 54.81 and he got sacked.

SR's overall win rate for us is 35.91 but has won 8 from 23 league games this season.

They'll be looking for someone who wins over 50% and with their budget that's not too stretched a goal if they appoint the right guy and amass a better squad.

Defensively they are poor since Pollock left. Their goalies too have been mediocre for years.

Edited by medals

Just now, medals said:

Robson's overall win record was 43% although he's only won 6 from 22 league games this season.

McInnes percentage for wins was 54.81 and he got sacked.

SR's overall win rate for us is 35.91 but has won 8 from 23 league games this season.

They'll be looking for someone who wins over 50% and with their budget that's not too stretched a goal if they appoint the right guy and amass a better squad.

Defensively they are poor since Pollock left. Their goalies too have been mediocre for years.

Yeah, but football's not about common sense.

We're currently without our best three players IMO.

Every game without them is going to be extremely challenging.

We have to hope that our newest signings all hit the ground running and that some of our other players up their game.

We need a big performance from CBM tomorrow and whatever strikers are selected simply have to start taking their chances.

Good to be on a club's thread where the support actually focuses on their own team.

There's another on here where we live in their supporters heads rent free.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Considering you seem to be the only person thinking that way it's a NO

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Nope.  He chased the Ayrshire pound and good luck to him. 

It would have been hilarious if we had signed him but, honestly, we dodged a massive bullet.  Van Veen had one incredible season but recently he hasn’t been getting a  game for a middle of the league, second tier Dutch team. 

Bullet dodged. 

8 hours ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Stav now away. Personally think we are weaker post window up front than we were pre as far as goal threat concerned with Stav and Alex away. A bit concerned to be honest. 

Best you dust down your StMirrenoff boots and get yourself down to Ralston and teach these youngsters the way to goal! 

3 hours ago, GAD said:

It was pointed out to me yesterday that a struggling West Brom might be a concern for McInnes if we continue to do well.

27 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It was pointed out to me yesterday that a struggling West Brom might be a concern for McInnes if we continue to do well.

McInnes will stay with Killie until Sir Steve Clarke leaves Scotland…