The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Went in the lead 14 times, only conceded an equaliser 3 times. Only Hearts and Rangers been better at defending a lead.

Screenshot_20240225_094954_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3c9c6ac0ba00b97f1805f5b1948a7ec.jpg

A fantastic habit to have.

On the other hand we probably haven't come back from many where we have gone behind which is summarised by so few draws.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

On the other hand we probably haven't come back from many where we have gone behind which is summarised by so few draws.

Screenshot_20240225_101800_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc3b484e91f776649aa36cdad8526608.jpg

On 24/02/2024 at 10:39, RandomGuy. said:

When?

That buttons too high up so my forehead misses it.

Apologies Random. It was Billy Jean King who said it in the QoS cup game thread. Although the Doonhamers did bring a bigger support to Paisley than you lot did yesterday

19 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Apologies Random. It was Billy Jean King who said it in the QoS cup game thread. Although the Doonhamers did bring a bigger support to Paisley than you lot did yesterday

One off cup games will always have bigger supports due to the "one off" nature of it. I imagine we've visited your stadium about 6/7 times in the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Livingston, Hibs and Killie are the three games we've conceded first and equalised to gain a point.

Any game other than those we've lost after conceding first. No wins at all.

Our only goalless game was the 0- 0 v Motherwell when O'Hara missed a penalty.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine we've visited your stadium about 6/7 times in the past 3 years.

Hopefully that will reduce to zero after this season.
Would love to have Morten up via the playoffs at your expense. They have been on an incredible run of form. 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Hopefully that will reduce to zero after this season.
Would love to have Morten up via the playoffs at your expense. They have been on an incredible run of form. 

Theyll destroy us at Cappielow, if it comes to that. 

Much like if we met Abroath a few years back id be half rooting for them to go up. We deserve relegated and seeing their stadium in the top flight, and a new club in there, would be fun.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyll destroy us at Cappielow, if it comes to that. 

Much like if we met Abroath a few years back id be half rooting for them to go up. We deserve relegated and seeing their stadium in the top flight, and a new club in there, would be fun.

It would definitely be a once in a generation event if they were promoted.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Good to see Mandron proving the doubters wrong again.

Had a wee chuckle at one of the warmers on another team's thread ridiculing Mandron a few weeks ago.

Ever since then he's been excellent.

^^^^ this in buckets. He's not a multi-million pound player (yet) but he is rapidly becoming a real possibility as a double digits goal scorer - something we always hope for. I'd get him tied down longer term for sure.

23 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Can’t see it tbh, there will be a host of interested clubs offering more wages than we can pay. 

If he signed a PCA surely that's irrelevant. His form since the transfer window has raised his profile somewhat. 

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

7 years ago today. Had we lost that game we would have surely been relegated to the third tier. Instead we only lost 2 further league games that season.

Always a great day out Ayr. Some good players in that team makes you wonder how we were so close to trouble. 

18 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Always a great day out Ayr. Some good players in that team makes you wonder how we were so close to trouble. 

They weren't the players that got us into trouble.

54 minutes ago, btb said:

They weren't the players that got us into trouble.

5 of that starting 11 were there at the start of the season.

However binning the likes of Hutton, Gallagher and Walsh and signing Smith, Eckerslie, Stelios and McGinn certainly helped.

History is 2 things... the past and the stuff we are still to make.

Beat RC this wk and we move into 4th.

Then we will be in 4th or 5th come the split I expect.

More history if we are in Europe next season. 

Another important 3 points but I believe in this team.  C O  Y  S

1 hour ago, medals said:

History is 2 things... the past and the stuff we are still to make.

Beat RC this wk and we move into 4th.

Then we will be in 4th or 5th come the split I expect.

More history if we are in Europe next season. 

Another important 3 points but I believe in this team.  C O  Y  S

I'm literally praying we make Europe I experienced a good few trips to Europe. All the trips were brilliant met so many at the time new St Mirren fans still mates with to this day. If we make it I'm going no matter where it is. Can only but dream out loud.