The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Not a great result but better than the last time up there.

That's 5 points out of 6 dropped against the bottom 2 in recent weeks.

Just need 3 against the Dons now.

Scott needs a goal... it'll come soon.  

1 hour ago, medals said:

Hope we're looking at RP at QP.... 19 goals this season... not ready yet but must have an eye for a goal

Two things - I’m not sure someone scoring 19 goals for the side in 8th in the Championship is ‘not ready’ to step up, and there’s little chance he’ll be on the radar when he has two years left on his deal at QP. 

17 minutes ago, codfish said:

Two things - I’m not sure someone scoring 19 goals for the side in 8th in the Championship is ‘not ready’ to step up, and there’s little chance he’ll be on the radar when he has two years left on his deal at QP. 

Doubt they'll be too hard to deal with.

He has value. We paid for Conor M. 

23 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

He scored the rebound from a penalty. Was it necessary for you to be so petty.

This is why we have VAR

Op was wrong... rg pointed  out he was wrong. You've said he wasn't very wrong...

VAR says "pelanty rangers" 

6 hours ago, medals said:

Doubt they'll be too hard to deal with.

He has value. We paid for Conor M. 

Theyve got far more money than you, why would they sell cheap? 

That was some hard watch last night, usual two things happened, Dingwall was freezing and we play shit nine times out of ten when we come up here. It’s bizarre how often this happens and definitely gets on my nerves. I did say at half time to bring on Olusanya to use his pace 😉 as we were not getting in behind. Anyway, as most have said, we snatched a point and should have grabbed all three.

Many Thanks to Calum Gilhooley and TKAFPA Jersey 2 for their company last night, who will confirm my call for Olusanya 😂 and out of the three of us, I reckon I was top moaner……

9 minutes ago, Bastian Pigclimber said:

I noticed Olusanya was playing on the left of the front three last night. I have thought for a while that would be his best position.

The issue is that when he starts left, he always eventually drifts into the middle and that forces his centre forward (previously Ayunga) out wide.

On 16/02/2024 at 14:25, Doctor Sanchez said:

One game at a time...  

We've said it before, there's very little between the teams in this division except for the cheeks and to an extent Hearts this season so every game is a struggle for 1 or 3 points.

Let's get something from the Dons on Saturday, and to contradict myself ever so slightly, we'll likely go into Killie game with the potential to go 4th - there's a lotta thrills and spills left in this season.

COYS!

Edited by btb

Not a easy game on the eye I'm sure many a neutral changed channel last night. Thank God we got the equaliser we also should have had a stone wall penalty. The Ross County player raises his arm above his heart. Ball hits his hand before hitting his head. Officials can't even get VAR right. 

2 hours ago, Bastian Pigclimber said:

I noticed Olusanya was playing on the left of the front three last night. I have thought for a while that would be his best position.

Thats where he played im sure when he scored his last goal which was taken to VAR and it stood.

4 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

That was some hard watch last night, usual two things happened, Dingwall was freezing and we play shit nine times out of ten when we come up here. It’s bizarre how often this happens and definitely gets on my nerves. I did say at half time to bring on Olusanya to use his pace 😉 as we were not getting in behind. Anyway, as most have said, we snatched a point and should have grabbed all three.

Many Thanks to Calum Gilhooley and TKAFPA Jersey 2 for their company last night, who will confirm my call for Olusanya 😂 and out of the three of us, I reckon I was top moaner……

Good to meet you too mate and yes, I can confirm your Nostradamus like call for Olusanya 🤣🤣

You were only top moaner because I was too cauld tae moan. 🥶🥶

43 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Listened to a bit of Sportsound from last night. Interesting that Steven Thompson and Richard Gordon didn't think it should've been a handball but that the shirt pull should've been a penalty. 

If you're a defender and a ball is coming in from a cross that you will challenge. Putting an arm above your head you risk the ball hitting your hand. That's what happened a clear penalty in my book. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Listened to a bit of Sportsound from last night. Interesting that Steven Thompson and Richard Gordon didn't think it should've been a handball but that the shirt pull should've been a penalty. 

Was that during the game, half time or post match? 

I personally didnt think the shirt pull was a pen at all. Looking back at the replays it's a definite hand then head. They said during the game that the incident that VAR monitored was the pull in the box and they must not have looked beyond that, though the fact his arm was up next to his head, surely that moment should have been caught when they were trimming down the replay?

2 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

Was that during the game, half time or post match? 

I personally didnt think the shirt pull was a pen at all. Looking back at the replays it's a definite hand then head. They said during the game that the incident that VAR monitored was the pull in the box and they must not have looked beyond that, though the fact his arm was up next to his head, surely that moment should have been caught when they were trimming down the replay?

Pretty sure it was after full time, but I got it on the podcast so I'm not sure if they splice bits from half time into that.

I agree with you though, and it seemed pretty unanimous on Sky and on here that the handball was the infringement.