The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can anyone confirm there will be a game for us on Saturday. Or is it the week after due to the Scottish cup.. One of the few Saturdays I'm off so hoping to attend a game. 

2 hours ago, dardo said:

No game on Saturday, due to cup semi finals. 

SR said there would be a game next Sat... presumably a friendly to keep us match sharp and get minutes in the legs of those who need them most.

10 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Hopefully our season doesn't just fizzle out. We've not really laid a glove on Celtic or Rangers this season, will likely need to go to Tynecastle and Dens, and McInnes seems to have Robinson's number. So, I'm not overly confident of picking up a lot of points.

Nothing will take away from it being another excellent season, but I'm not going to lie I'll be a bit passed off if Dundee end up above us.

Given RC have just beaten the blue mob, it shows that if a team gets their tactics right, unexpected results can happen - so why not us?

Two things for post split :-

1. The Fakes are still in trouble.

2. If we win 3, draw 1 and Killie lose 4 and get 1 draw, we are comfortably 4th.

C O Y S

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Thanks to all those who sponsored me for the Manchester Marathon today - more than £2,000 raised for ACCORD is beyond anything I could have hoped for! 3 hours 25 minutes 19 seconds for those interested.

https://www.justgiving.com/page/stuartisturning40

image.thumb.jpeg.e0eb693f74a5acd9a5e648fc010ad23c.jpeg

Well done Stu. Brilliant job! Accord do great work in our community.

You could have got a faster time without having to take those two  eejits round the course. 

Next time we see you in Paisley…..

IMG_9042.thumb.webp.2da9840c74a2ec503ca894f49ee2dec2.webp

Personally raging as I’d booked to come up Friday night till Sunday afternoon. Because we were due to have Celtic at home I was pretty confident that our game wouldn’t be moved to the Sunday as it would’ve meant us playing them two games running. 

But the powers that be have fucked it completely by not only switching our OF games, but also making the Rangers game the first fixture. Will need to switch my return flight to the Tuesday I guess. 

However, a wee potential upside comes out of this. What we need to hope for is Celtic having the title won before the last game. A dead rubber game for them may play into our hands if we need points. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Home to Killie and Hearts are must wins, glad either cheek won’t be running on our pitch to celebrate lifting the trophy

That all depends on the result at Dens. Lose there and yes you would expect we will need to win those two to have a chance of Europe. First and foremost we need the Hot X Buns to do us a turn at Dens tomorrow which seems far from certain going by recent events. 

Would like to see the club giving a discount for any fans buying tickets for our last 3 home games at the same time.

Also a smaller discount for anybody buying tickets for 2 games. 

At least we are spared the worry of 1 of the bigots teams winning the league at our ground. 

I think the post split fixtures are pretty good for us. Assuming neither us or Dundee get anything against Rangers or Celtic, we'll go to Dens still 3 points ahead. Even if we lose that, we then have two home games in a row against Killie and Hearts while they are away at Tynecastle and Ibrox.

Need to try and get 5th secured before the last game though.

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-fairest-rangers-fixture-32602794

I'd get this article up on the changing room wall before the Rangers games. Especially this bit.

They've chosen us as the easiest away game for Rangers. It would be brilliant if we rolled them over.

Screenshot_20240417_093112_Chrome Beta.jpg

While it's mildly insulting, it's also true.

We can earn the right to not be talked about like that by scoring more than one goal against either of the top two across an entire season. 

Celtic on the last day needing a win for the title?

Any Hearts fans wish to comment? :rolleyes:

For me, Killie can't be caught, they have pushed on when we've stagnated. No shade at us or Robinson, but it's just happened that way. Well done to them.

The important thing is to keep ahead of Dundee, and we should be able to do that, and let the chips land regarding possible Euro qualification.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

While it's mildly insulting, it's also true.

We can earn the right to not be talked about like that by scoring more than one goal against either of the top two across an entire season. 

100%

So this should add to the motivation to get a result.

18 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Home to Killie and Hearts are must wins, glad either cheek won’t be running on our pitch to celebrate lifting the trophy

Bit of a defeatist attitude - you can beat them and ruin their party. 

You've also got the Celtic trophy day by the look of it which won't be at all nauseating. 

24 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

The way I see it , both Dundee and ourselves will lose to the old firm . 

We then go to Dundee and if we get a draw there we will probably only need one more draw from tbe next two home games to get fifth place . 

FWIW I don't think you will lose at Dens. I hope I'm wrong but a life of supporting the Dees has me conditioned to 'just missing out' time and time again

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

FWIW I don't think you will lose at Dens. I hope I'm wrong but a life of supporting the Dees has me conditioned to 'just missing out' time and time again

This also a St Mirren supporting trait.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

The way I see it , both Dundee and ourselves will lose to the old firm . 

We then go to Dundee and if we get a draw there we will probably only need one more draw from tbe next two home games to get fifth place . 

I actually think the timing of the Rangers at home works for us. We need to get home form back on track and I think our 3 home results will be absolutely decisive on where we finish. We pulled off an out of nowhere performance vs Celtic last season at home and I cant see why we cant again if we rise to it. I get the fear of Rugby Park vibes for the away game at Dundee, where the big occasion gets to us. Hearts and Killie at home, I feel we have to come away from both with points.