The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Not under consideration at present. Hmmm but could they be considered going forward?

Think it means the agent is going after the vacant Burnley and Brighton jobs instead now.

We're in for a pretty quiet window now, tbh, as boring as it may be. As long as Robinson stays, we only need probably three more players, and one of those is already on his way in. Leaves us waiting on another midfielder, and the LCB. I wonder if we might go down the loan route for the midfielder again: I doubt we can stretch to the type of player that would potentially improve our first XI, so loan might be more realistic.

I don't know if the reported interest in Mandron was legit, and of so, if that interest remains. But that'd be the only possible departure I can imagine, and obvs we'd have to try to replace him.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're in for a pretty quiet window now, tbh, as boring as it may be. As long as Robinson stays, we only need probably three more players, and one of those is already on his way in. Leaves us waiting on another midfielder, and the LCB. I wonder if we might go down the loan route for the midfielder again: I doubt we can stretch to the type of player that would potentially improve our first XI, so loan might be more realistic.

I don't know if the reported interest in Mandron was legit, and of so, if that interest remains. But that'd be the only possible departure I can imagine, and obvs we'd have to try to replace him.

So SR also said he'd also like another striker.

And of course any of our players could go but there was potentially interest in Sutherland.

1 minute ago, medals said:

So SR also said he'd also like another striker.

And of course any of our players could go but there was potentially interest in Sutherland.

Forgot about the Sutherland interest, tbf. Shame as I'd like to see him play for us. At least it won't impact the squad massively if he goes (though we will need cover for Tanser if he does).

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

3 more if (when) Smyth signs I reckon. LCB, CM, pacy forward.

That's on basis that we don't get any bids that we can't knock back.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Why would we sign another right footed CH?

True! I'm sure he'll be linked with us but think we're sorted for the right hand side of defence. 

11 hours ago, saintmurn said:

Robbo signed Bevis Mugabi before didn't he? 

No, don’t even think about it. Total bomb scare of a defender. He’s clearly suited to Hibs.

Was wondering whether we'll receive any money from the Euros for the likes of McGinn, Morgan and McLean being in the Scotland squad.

Probably pie in the sky, but when Baccus was in the Aussie world cup squad, his former team, Western Sydney Wanderers, got a proportion of the "appearance fee".

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Was wondering whether we'll receive any money from the Euros for the likes of McGinn, Morgan and McLean being in the Scotland squad.

Probably pie in the sky, but when Baccus was in the Aussie world cup squad, his former team, Western Sydney Wanderers, got a proportion of the "appearance fee".

That was because Baccus played for them in a "World Cup year" (which seems to be 24 months before the tournament).

Edited by RandomGuy.

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think we might according to this https://footyroom.co/articles/how-much-will-federations-clubs-earn-at-euro-2024-660c2ca3f6cd50108d669a72

54 minutes ago, Munoz said:

An important point: according to the ECA, payments are due to clubs for which the player was registered 10 days before the start of his team at EURO (relevant release period). For comparison, in FIFA's loyalty program at the 2022 World Cup, all clubs in which he was listed for the last two seasons received payments for one player.

Don't think so I'm afraid.

Looks like any out contract players won't earn their former clubs any money either. E.g. Ryan jack.

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't think so I'm afraid.

Looks like any out contract players won't earn their former clubs any money either. E.g. Ryan jack.

Not to worry, we'll be loaded anyway when we qualify for the group stage of the Conference.