The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Not to worry, we'll be loaded anyway when we win the UEFA Conference.

FTFY.

It will be played at the Stadion Wrocław in Wrocław, Poland, on 28 May 2025.

Not sure it’s going to be big enough - 45,000 capacity….. 😜 

Dare to dream! 😂 

IMG_0664.jpeg.6777b86d730ef1f48ddfec2dcb15cb37.jpegIMG_0666.thumb.jpeg.72cb594f17aa8b3311d3ae4b87425275.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Molotov said:

FTFY.

It will be played at the Stadion Wrocław in Wrocław, Poland, on 28 May 2025.

Not sure it’s going to be big enough - 45,000 capacity….. 😜 

Dare to dream! 😂 

IMG_0664.jpeg.6777b86d730ef1f48ddfec2dcb15cb37.jpegIMG_0666.thumb.jpeg.72cb594f17aa8b3311d3ae4b87425275.jpeg

Dream come true when Klopp like manager and a multi billion £ investment comes our way...

Now back to reality.

So much for Kofi being unveiled at Well on Thur.  Aye I know he's likely not coming our way either... time will tell where he ends up

3 minutes ago, medals said:

Dream come true when Klopp like manager and a multi billion £ investment comes our way...

Now back to reality.

So much for Kofi being unveiled at Well on Thur.  Aye I know he's likely not coming our way either... time will tell where he ends up

You do realise the fan ownership is to prevent a scenario like that ?

6 minutes ago, medals said:

I don't think anyone ever claimed he'd be "unveiled" for Motherwell on Thursday. All that was reported was that he was having a medical on Thursday and he was definitely in the area as he was cutting about TopGolf on Thursday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You do realise the fan ownership is to prevent a scenario like that ?

Yes ofcourse - no way we want to start winning european trophies  😜. I was simply adding to the ridiculous notion of us winning the tournament. I meant it as lighthearted banter bud. 

Just now, capt_oats said:

I don't think anyone ever claimed he'd be "unveiled" for Motherwell on Thursday. All that was reported was that he was having a medical on Thursday and he was definitely in the area as he was cutting about TopGolf on Thursday afternoon.

Yes there were various journalists saying they'd pipped us and he was expected to sign after a medical on Thursday... here is one extract :-

Motherwell are set to beat St. Mirren to land Crystal Palace defender Kofi Balmer, as the player will undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of his permanent move, according to the South London Press.

Just now, medals said:

Yes there were various journalists saying they'd pipped us and he was expected to sign after a medical on Thursday... here is one extract :-

Motherwell are set to beat St. Mirren to land Crystal Palace defender Kofi Balmer, as the player will undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of his permanent move, according to the South London Press.

Yes, that doesn't say he'll be announced on Thursday.

It says he'll undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of a permanent move.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Yes, that doesn't say he'll be announced on Thursday.

It says he'll undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of a permanent move.

Ok. But if he'd signed, you'd expect an announcement most likely by now given he was up here.

So it's more likely that he didn't sign... at least yet.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, medals said:

Ok. But if he'd signed, you'd expect an announcement most likely by now given he was up here.

So it's more likely that he didn't sign... at least yet.

:lol:

Or he's signed and it's not been announced because we had other things scheduled and maybe want to do some content around it.

Maybe he's signed, maybe he hasn't all that has actually been reported is that a) we've agreed a fee with Crystal Palace and b) he was having a medical on Thursday.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Balmer is a contracted player so can’t sign for Motherwell until transfer window opens (14th is it?) As simple as that. The formalities will be done. 

Think that may well be the case for us too with regards to Oisin Smyth as he's contracted for another year.

1 hour ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Balmer is a contracted player so can’t sign for Motherwell until transfer window opens (14th is it?) As simple as that. The formalities will be done. 

The talk was a 6 figure transfer... so don't think that would restrict when he could sign.

Players can sign for other clubs any time they want, they just can't be registered until the transfer window opens.

I'm really struggling to understand why a St Mirren fan is having a minor headloss about Balmer to Motherwell not being announced yet though.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Players can sign for other clubs any time they want, they just can't be registered until the transfer window opens.

I'm really struggling to understand why a St Mirren fan is having a minor headloss about Balmer to Motherwell not being announced yet though.

I was just asking the question - did he or didnt he sign as at one point he was on our radar...

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you would like to be a pedant……………Contract law doesn’t permit a player to be permanently employed by 2 clubs at the same time, loan deals are structured differently. While they can sign the contract it has to be post dated, so by definition it means nothing until it becomes ‘in effect’.

You do raise a valid point though, I’m struggling to understand why a St Johnstone fan requires to understand why a St Mirren fan has a question on a Motherwell signing 😉

11 minutes ago, Torfason said:

If you would like to be a pedant……………Contract law doesn’t permit a player to be permanently employed by 2 clubs at the same time, loan deals are structured differently. While they can sign the contract it has to be post dated, so by definition it means nothing until it becomes ‘in effect’.

You do raise a valid point though, I’m struggling to understand why a St Johnstone fan requires to understand why a St Mirren fan has a question on a Motherwell signing 😉

I stuggle to understand why a St Johnstone fan spends so much time on our thread?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I stuggle to understand why a St Johnstone fan spends so much time on our thread?

RG gets a lot of grief (unfairly, in my view) but I'd rather read the majority of his contributions here than those from many of our own fans.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I'm looking after a 2yr old alone all day today, while weaning him off a dummy, so aye. Any little thing I find to distract me for a second or two is getting latched onto cheers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm looking after a 2yr old alone all day today, while weaning him off a dummy, so aye. Any little thing I find to distract me for a second or two is getting latched onto cheers.

Good lad, we’ve all been there, I just made my boys breakfast 👍🏼