The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

49 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Strange one. I'm sure it was Panda who assured me he was too good for any team outside the Old firm.

Everyone has opinions. It wasn't long ago one of your fan was claiming you'd sell 3 or 4 players for many £millions, including Baron for whom you'll now only get a development fee for I believe.

Anyway, are you happy with your squad, new manager and can you make top 6 next season. 

We are nearly all sorted and swapping Strain for Rooney is a positive for us overall.

26 minutes ago, medals said:

Everyone has opinions. It wasn't long ago one of your fan was claiming you'd sell 3 or 4 players for many £millions, including Baron for whom you'll now only get a development fee for I believe.

Anyway, are you happy with your squad, new manager and can you make top 6 next season. 

We are nearly all sorted and swapping Strain for Rooney is a positive for us overall.

To be fair it wasn’t that long ago that St Mirren fans were claiming that Baccus would go for a few million because he had played a couple of games at the World Cup.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Strange one. I'm sure it was Panda who assured me he was too good for any team outside the Old firm.

The return of the lesser spotted saints obsessed Aberdeen fan.

Love how we've taken up residence in your pea of a brain.

Still hurting from this I'd imagine.

St Mirren 2-1 Aberdeen: Incredible stoppage-time double denies Neil Warnock  his first Premiership win - BBC Sport

2 hours ago, medals said:

I'd love you to find just one post from an Aberdeen fan claiming we'd get upwards of 6 figures for Barron when we knew he was leaving at the end of his contract for over a year now.

Very happy with the new manager and the incomings. Thank you for asking.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

The return of the lesser spotted saints obsessed Aberdeen fan.

Love how we've taken up residence in your pea of a brain.

Still hurting from this I'd imagine.

St Mirren 2-1 Aberdeen: Incredible stoppage-time double denies Neil Warnock  his first Premiership win - BBC Sport

Charlie Nicholas type response here.

Edited by DukDukGoose
Word salad

Glad to hear that Strain is a quality player when fit, hopefully he has a good pre season for us then. Not surprised we signed him as we have been throwing money around like confetti since Ogren has came in. 

We've seriously struggled in the RB position since the Houston days. 

Hope you boys have a good time in Europe, enjoy it whilst it lasts as it doesn't happen very often 

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

To be fair it wasn’t that long ago that St Mirren fans were claiming that Baccus would go for a few million because he had played a couple of games at the World Cup.

It's almost as if the highly subjective views of partisan football fans on an internet forum aren't a solid basis for player valuations.

Madness.

No disrespect meant to Dundee but very surprised to hear Strain moving to Dundee it's a side step no matter how you look at it. Are they paying over the odds a club already accumulating mass debt I understand. Great player when fit . Rooney is certainly a great replacement. 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Glad to hear that Strain is a quality player when fit, hopefully he has a good pre season for us then. Not surprised we signed him as we have been throwing money around like confetti since Ogren has came in. 

We've seriously struggled in the RB position since the Houston days. 

Hope you boys have a good time in Europe, enjoy it whilst it lasts as it doesn't happen very often 

When fit he's a very decent player at this level.

Like most wing backs who are strong going forward, he's a wee bit suspect defensively at times.

If he doesn't get injured and adopts a more responsible approach to his personal fitness, you'll have great asset.

Got a great free kick on him too.

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

No disrespect meant to Dundee but very surprised to hear Strain moving to Dundee it's a side step no matter how you look at it. Are they paying over the odds a club already accumulating mass debt I understand. Great player when fit . Rooney is certainly a great replacement. 

It's Dundee United.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

It's a fair come back and again it is all about opinions of individuals. 

To be fair after his world cup performances it was a real surprise someone a lot bigger didn't come in for Baccus but if he'd been with a bigger club than us they may well have done.

You guys might still get dosh for your 2 strikers too... who knows.

At least you have a fresh start but think you'll still have players you need rid off. 

9 hours ago, medals said:

Don't even think we will get a development fee . Mansfield Town though have signed some player and will make a few bob when they sell him .