The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Game is available for £8.99 on TonTv as well. You guys can watch it on your phone in the pishing rain in your back garden for the full Cappielow experience.

Just now, port-ton said:

Game is available for £8.99 on TonTv as well. You guys can watch it on your phone in the pishing rain in your back garden for the full Cappielow experience.

Fucking hell I might actually. Not the garden bit.

It will be interesting to see what the position of Robbo & the board will be on Boyd-Munce. The new signings arent known quantities to me, so hard to really judge where we are midfield wise.  Surprised we havent tied him down for longer than a year to be fair. 

Still waiting on that defender due to be signed also. 

27 minutes ago, zildjian said:

It will be interesting to see what the position of Robbo & the board will be on Boyd-Munce. The new signings arent known quantities to me, so hard to really judge where we are midfield wise.  Surprised we havent tied him down for longer than a year to be fair. 

Still waiting on that defender due to be signed also. 

The extra year was due to him meeting the criteria for appearances in his last contract. Article says we are trying to tie him down longer.

I really like CBM, but I don't think £250k plus hopefully a sell on clause is a bad deal. Think Baccus, albeit older, going on a free to Mansfield shows there's not exactly a shortage of these type of midfielder down south. 

I think Boyd Munce will be away in the next couple of days. If the club get the reputed 250-300k they are looking for then it will be done quick.

It does leave us well short in terms of two quality players leaving in more or less a week.

I hope Robbo has good replacements already lined up, given we have McMenamin and Kiltie out injured.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

I think Boyd Munce will be away in the next couple of days. If the club get the reputed 250-300k they are looking for then it will be done quick.

It does leave us well short in terms of two quality players leaving in more or less a week.

I hope Robbo has good replacements already lined up, given we have McMenamin and Kiltie out injured.

Think you have nailed it. Interesting to see if he features tonight. I doubt it. 

Great lad would rather he stayed. 

As for tonight. I am not fussed what the outcome is. Its a friendly nothing more. 

Morton will treat it like a cup final. We have players trying to not get injured before we play in Europe. 

Still love the sound of that 😀

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Think you have nailed it. Interesting to see if he features tonight. I doubt it. 

Great lad would rather he stayed. 

As for tonight. I am not fussed what the outcome is. Its a friendly nothing more. 

Morton will treat it like a cup final. We have players trying to not get injured before we play in Europe. 

Still love the sound of that 😀

He'll not feature tonight I wouldn't imagine. If he had blistered feet to point he couldn't even make the bench on Saturday, there's little chance he'll be ready for this evening, even if there wasn't any speculation.

21 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

My worry is the timing, with the European games coming up it's all far from ideal. Essentially we'd be 4 regulars down from last season with Kiltie and McMenamin also injured. Unless we have ready made replacements who can be signed quickly, I'd delay any possible move until next month to give us time to get alternatives identified. 

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll not feature tonight I wouldn't imagine. If he had blistered feet to point he couldn't even make the bench on Saturday, there's little chance he'll be ready for this evening, even if there wasn't any speculation.

Robbo had said he would play tonight or tomorrow in bounce game with Airdrie. 

With interest in him we may not play him at all. 

48 minutes ago, Hendo said:

My worry is the timing, with the European games coming up it's all far from ideal. Essentially we'd be 4 regulars down from last season with Kiltie and McMenamin also injured. Unless we have ready made replacements who can be signed quickly, I'd delay any possible move until next month to give us time to get alternatives identified. 

Yup. Have to say that if he goes on top of Baccus (and arguably Kwon too) combined with the injuries to McMenamin and Kiltie, my knickers will start to become a tad damp. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Blistered feet must be  code for Subject to incoming transfer bid . 

Think anything more than £250,000 is a good price for him .  Hope Martin Foyle has a couple of replacements lined up . 

Would be good to see what wee Fraser Taylor has to offer .

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

Blistered feet must be  code for Subject to incoming transfer bid . 

Think anything more than £250,000 is a good price for him .  Hope Martin Foyle has a couple of replacements lined up . 

Would be good to see what wee Fraser Taylor has to offer .

Yeah I must admit I thought blistered feet was an odd one too, but I categorised it as so odd it must be true. Otherwise he could’ve just come out with the usual took a knock in training blah blah blah.