The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

You would be surprised by the number of season ticket holders who don't live in Paisley I know fans in Wemyss Bay, Largs , Gourock , Greenock ,  Kilbirnie, The guy who has a season ticket next to me lives in New York and makes 2 / 3 games a season. I made around 5 games last season. Worked at sea for over 20 years always kept the season ticket on even though  could only make a handful of games.  A number of season ticket holders can't make many games so why are they season ticket holders. Me personally it's about supporting the club. Also a member of SMISA, 1877 club, St Mirren TV.  Season ticket holders should always be first in a ballot just like they can buy their seats for cup game. I'm not saying season ticket holders are better than none season ticket holders . 

I live 40 miles away from saints but that’s not my point it’s not about being a better fan it’s about having a system in place that allows those who go to all games home and away to have first shout at Tynecastle etc. That seems fair to me 

Prospect of a possible game in Deventer is stirring things here. I could walk/short ferry to the North Tyneside ferry terminal, DFDS overnight to Amsterdam, 2hr40 train to Deventer. Looks a piece of piss. 

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They average 9.5k plus in the league, we will get the minimum. Virtually sell out every game

Aye but what do they average in terms of home fans i.e. how big is their away end and is it usually filled with away supporters. 

25 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

I'm sure there's still some negotiating to go on as it also depends if they want just the minimum at our stadium too. I'd imagine they'll take a decent away support so would want more than 396 tickets at our ground. 

Valid point 👍

10 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

I live 40 miles away from saints but that’s not my point it’s not about being a better fan it’s about having a system in place that allows those who go to all games home and away to have first shout at Tynecastle etc. That seems fair to me 

I did point out season ticket holders and none season ticket holders are no better than each other. If your going to home games week in week out it's crazy not to have a season ticket given the cash saved. For me season ticket holders come first they are paying cash out even for games they don't attend.  Would like to see a system where by season ticket holders who don't make many games have their seats given out to folk who can't afford a day out to the football. 

32 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

That wouldn’t work with current set up as they sell over the counter as well as online. They’d need to start a fresh as there is nothing to link away ticket purchases to your account as far as I know. I would agree with the idea but tbh the only place after we get pumped out of Europe where there will be any sort of scramble is Tynecastle.

IMO the only restrictions on the ballot should be ban anyone who has ever posted on Twitter (or similar platform) about being 1 of 20 at some shite challenge cup game, look at me I went to all 174 games this season or I went to Dingwall for a 3am kick off. That should be sufficient punishment for a mindnumbingly boring post.

It would have been nice to at least have a stream of the game away against valur. Haven;t heard anything about a stream or PPV option being available. Considering the amount of tickets available this should have been a priority for either/both clubs for some extra income. if someone has any info on a viewing option then would be delighted to know about it.

8 minutes ago, truesaint said:

It would have been nice to at least have a stream of the game away against valur. Haven;t heard anything about a stream or PPV option being available. Considering the amount of tickets available this should have been a priority for either/both clubs for some extra income. if someone has any info on a viewing option then would be delighted to know about it.

As far as I'm aware, the game hasn't sold out has it?

In any case BAWA Twitter posted a link to what they believe to be an official stream. Pretty sure there will be unofficial (free) ones as well.

24 minutes ago, truesaint said:

It would have been nice to at least have a stream of the game away against valur. 

Bet365 had streams of both legs of Valur's previous round.

You need a funded account to watch streams, even 1p will do.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Random Guy was right.

Shortage of ticket and it got a bit "old firmy" very quickly.

We gave these nice Icelandic people three days - three days - to buy tickets. After that it's fair game. We can also justify this because - 

It's been 37 years;

I can't go to the next away trip if we get through.

The downside is, at £2300 for 2 of us to get there, I may arrive home tonight and find the locks have been changed.

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Random Guy was right.

Shortage of ticket and it got a bit "old firmy" very quickly.

Nope.

No shortage of tickets.

No one hoovering anyone else’s tickets.

Nothing old firmy to see here.

Move along….

Do the Netherlands not have strict rules on away fans? For league games fans can't travel themselves, they have to get a bus/ground combined ticket. Not sure they even like away fans in the home teams town. Does this apply to European games? Anybody Dutch based that can advise on this?

I've been in this thread for months excited for you lot. I quite like St Mirren. I am not jealous. 

Saddened to see ye all act like this though. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Move along bottom (6) feeder and stop pressing your face up jealously to our European window. 😏

⬆️ You do realise that was just a wee joke right? 😄

I know you’re one of the more sane people on here. 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I've been in this thread for months excited for you lot. I quite like St Mirren. I am not jealous. 

Saddened to see ye all act like this though. 

7 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

I understand that the club wasn’t prepared for this but with games at Tynecastle now also much sought after I do think that fans who go every week should have an advantage over a season ticket holder who’s never been out of paisley . So if you go online buy a ticket then it should be logged and that should count for games like this. As people say once in a lifetime games as it’s been 37 years waiting. I’m not annoyed with anyone lucky enough to be going but when I see people who are there every single week not going and people who are home fans only going it does make me feel it’s a little unfair. This isn’t the fault of the fan it’s the club who clearly never expected this thing to ever be an issue 

No thank you.

As we've discussed before at length, I started attending home and away every week in 1994 at 10 and did so for about 20 years. I probably missed less than a dozen games in that time during the absolute worst spell in the club's entire history and came back for more.

That doesn't make me more or less of a supporter than anyone else, but I feel it certainly doesn't automatically entitle folk who go to every game during these very good times, a ticket over myself who nowadays has to pick and choose on both a financial and moreso a timing basis and as a result, only makes around 7-8 away games a season now. Though I am paying for two season tickets and two away tickets for my part now.

I've stuck the hours in over the years and introduced one the next generation to the club when she could easily have been heading to Parkhead on the weekly with her dad, given she also has a seat reserved there that she has no interest in using. I would feel not a shred of guilt about securing a ticket over anyone who was in Dingwall twice last season, nor should they feel any guilt over getting one ahead of me. It is what it is.