The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, FTOF said:

Eh?

Their 'keeper had a brilliant save from Olusanya in the first half, and as already mentioned had great save from Idowu too.

Sorry, forgot about the Idowu one, but I’m struggling to remember the Olusanya one. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry, forgot about the Idowu one, but I’m struggling to remember the Olusanya one. 

GREAT SAVE!published at 19:58

19:58

Valur 0-0 St Mirren

Another early chance for the Buddies.

Valur are struggling with the pace and power of Toyosi Olusanya.

He fends off two defenders and bursts down the right-hand side of the box. However, his right-footed strike is well saved by Frederik Schram.

Just now, FTOF said:

I also reckon that the tackle on Olusanya was a penalty. The defender didn't get anything on the ball.

Yeah, I think the ball bounced off Toyosi in a way that made it look like the defender got it, but I'm certain he didn't.

It's fine, I am uncharacteristically unworried about the second leg based on that performance. We'll sharpen up up front, and we'll tighten up at the back.

First game I've seen: of the new(ISH) players, Brown, Balcombe and Idowu were excellent. Brown looks a different player in the correct position.

Having paid a tenner or so for the excellent quality stream, it has to be said that, combined with refreshingly good commentary, was very good value.

Edited by Drooper

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I think the ball bounced off Toyosi in a way that made it look like the defender got it, but I'm certain he didn't.

It's fine, I am uncharacteristically unworried about the second leg based on that performance. We'll sharpen up up front, and we'll tighten up at the back.

First game I've seen: of the new(ISH) players, Brown, Balcombe and Idowu were excellent. Brown looks a different player in the correct position.

I wouldn't criticise the referee because on first viewing I didn't think it was a penalty. On the replay it looked nailed on.

Thought the ref gave a couple of soft yellow cards in the second half but was otherwise OK.

2 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Having paid a tenner or so for the excellent quality stream, it has to be said that, combined with refreshingly good commentary, that was very good value.

Yeah. Flawless for me too and excellent commentary. The guy certainly did his homework and good knowledge of the game: picked up on the improvement in Taylor's performance.

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I also reckon that the tackle on Olusanya was a penalty. The defender didn't get anything on the ball.

Definitely.   VAR would've awarded that 

8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Wonder who belongs to the London supporters flag? None of my acquaintances.

One of that group might be Roddie, who used to post frequently as 'Chingford' on the (once excellent,  now shite) BAWArmy site.

The tie could have been over, on the other hand we could also have been chasing it in Paisley.

How that finished 0-0 we'll never know. 

They didn't look that much fitter or sharper than us considering they are halfway through their season. We are also missing a few regulars and lost CBM early on.

Need the crowd to get behind the team and stay behind the team next week, be patient and don't get on anyone's back.

Still don't think we are at the races yet. We allowed them too many chances and our play wasn't quite at it. 

Smyth has a way to go. He gave the ball away too much and didn't track back enough. 

We are crying out for a decent striker. 

Really liked Balcombe he saved us a few times. 

Some plus and negatives but we will get better. 

7 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Still don't think we are at the races yet. We allowed them too many chances and our play wasn't quite at it. 

Smyth has a way to go. He gave the ball away too much and didn't track back enough. 

We are crying out for a decent striker. 

Really liked Balcombe he saved us a few times. 

Some plus and negatives but we will get better. 

I’d call that a perfect summary 👍