The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Can't see Kiltie or McMenamin back as soon as Robbo says. They have to get a full rehab then get minutes on the pitch. 

I think its too big a gamble not to bring in at least one winger type attacker. 

50 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Can't see Kiltie or McMenamin back as soon as Robbo says. They have to get a full rehab then get minutes on the pitch. 

Even till the next window on a loan. If we progress to the next round in conference league, that will give a bit of budget surely.

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

Looking at the options available, maybe Robbo will try to get by with Scott, Jamieson or Sutherland, rather than adding to the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Looking at the options available, maybe Robbo will try to get by with Scott, Jamieson or Sutherland, rather than adding to the squad. 

I think he will, and/or stick with the narrower 3-5-2 until we have wide options back again.

24 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Hopefully we hold on to Sutherland  and he gets a bit more game time.

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Waitrose have only 6 stores in Scotland. 

f**k them.

All in places like Newton Mearns and Milngavie.

So, yeah, f**k 'em.

23 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Please win, I need the Aberdeen Vs St Mirren match to be moved to the Sunday 

I'll let the team and management team know and I'm sure they'll do their best for you. 

Please don't hesitate to make a donation to our charitable foundation for our efforts to meet your request.

Edited by medals

Actually another reason I want St Mirren to win is Gylfi Sigurdsson... however, the full story, as far as I know, hasn't be revealed other than he handed himself in once the age of the girl was known.

I didn't see anything of the first leg, did he look like a higher standard of football player (certainly not of character) than the rest on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Actually another reason I want St Mirren to win is Gylfi Sigurdsson... however, the full story, as far as I know, hasn't be revealed other than he handed himself in once the age of the girl was known.

I didn't see anything of the first leg, did he look like a higher standard of football player (certainly not of character) than the rest on the pitch?

Did raise a smile when I saw Valur had a player called 'Kiddi'. Wondered if that was a factor in him signing there.

He was ok: had a couple nice touches and one effort that was saved brilliantly by Balcombe. He certainly wasn't head and shoulders above anyone though. Looked decent enough but if you'd not heard of him, you'd be like 'that Glyfi looked a tidy player' and that'd be about it.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Did raise a smile when I saw Valur had a player called 'Kiddi'. Wondered if that was a factor in him signing there.

He was ok: had a couple nice touches and one effort that was saved brilliantly by Balcombe. He certainly wasn't head and shoulders above anyone though. Looked decent enough but if you'd not heard of him, you'd be like 'that Glyfi looked a tidy player' and that'd be about it.

I actually thought he stood out for Valur. He looks a player who has played at a better level and was involved in their good play and chances. 

All about opinions though

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Interview on Sky with Robbo where he says there is still scope in the transfer window. Please make it a winger or striker

I noticed in that interview he did highlight that the window is still open for a few weeks yet, and he knows exactly what’s required.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

I actually thought he stood out for Valur. He looks a player who has played at a better level and was involved in their good play and chances. 

All about opinions though

The question was did he stand out above anyone else on the pitch, though. Like I said, I thought he was tidy enough and yeah, he was their best player. But I already wouldn't swap him for Idowu.

29 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I noticed in that interview he did highlight that the window is still open for a few weeks yet, and he knows exactly what’s required.

^^^^   This. Yet what fans are wondering is, "Do we still have budget?"

I'd hazard a guess that another recruit will be incoming this week or next - but its only a guess. (Any new players in at training?)

I think our players budget will already have increased, as we've upped on a few deals like Goga and paid for 2 in Smyth and Lacovitti but sold Bolton.

But with a sell out on Thursday and a realistic chance at next round, additional dosh could be made available.