The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

They were easy on the eye, fast, fit, slick. Great movement. I was actually enjoying watching them and realised pretty quickly that we were second best in every area. Not helped by the fact that we kept giving the ball away and couldn’t find a team-mate with even a simple ball. If we’d lost 0-3, I’d have congratulated Brann and wished them well in the next round…. But fcuk that. After they went 1-0 up, the play acting and gamesmanship? Fcuk um’. Well done St Mirren for not giving the kunts the ball back. Loved them mumping their fcuking gums about it at the end too.

Having said that, that might have fired them up, and I don’t think they need any ammunition. Here’s the thing though, if they do us over there, no shame. We have been on some ride, there’s nothing wrong with our attitude and spirit. The players have done themselves and the club proud. You just never know though… but they’re a good team. Really nice football. Shame about their fcukwittery after their goal, they never showed any sign of being like that before. Their movement and passing was excellent. 

Fcuk their goalie though. He’s a cunto. 😁

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Olusanya a massive loss for the second leg.

I had serious doubts when I saw Ayunga/Mandron up front. I think my doubts were justified. That combo does not work. 

Problem is I don’t think we have a replacement for Olusanya.

100%. He will be a massive loss. 

Ayunga and Mandron just doesn't work. 

We don't have any other striker who can replace Toyosi. 

Robbo has to try bring someone in for the rest of the campaign.  If Olusanya gets injured we will struggle to get the type of goal he scores. 

I think folk moaning about the midfielders are being harsh. Playing the big two lumps up top was a death wish for them before a ball was kicked, add in their (Brann) excellent technical ability and the likes of Idowu and CBM never had a chance. 

Mandron and Ayunga has never worked in my eyes. Not really sure what the thinking was tonight starting them. It was obvious a European ref would penalise every mildly physical challenge so they were stuffed before a ball was kicked. Toyo was the turning point, huge loss next week and his booking was typical of what you get with anything with a tiny bit of physical contact in Europe.

Overall delighted to be still in it.  Yes they should beat us next week but there will be a raucous travelling support willing us on, who knows ???

Killie fan here. Looks as if ur opposition was far better than ours so well done on getting the leveller that like us gives us both a chance over there. 
We were poor but we’re still in there. Have a ball all who are travelling. We will too. These kind of days are all we’ve ever asked for. 

1 minute ago, marie osmond said:

Killie fan here. Looks as if ur opposition was far better than ours so well done on getting the leveller that like us gives us both a chance over there. 
We were poor but we’re still in there. Have a ball all who are travelling. We will too. These kind of days are all we’ve ever asked for. 

You could see the levels tonight. Brann a good few points ahead of Molde who hammered Cercle Brugge 3v0 tonight. Clearly a very good team and you are right, delighted to be heading there next week at least on paper still in the tie. Tromso will have been no mugs despite being down that league but you are probably in with a better chance than we are.

A rare Robbo error tonight playing the 2 planks of wood up top, was never going to work. Midfield taken out the equation as a result. And before anyone disputes my naming of the front pair, both are and can be an asset, just not together.

Your set pieces were really good. That header in the 1st half....

You got a chance in Bergen, because this was a standard Brann match. Ok on the ball and the tempo is also ok, but it's week in and week out with 65-80% possession, tons of chances and then a goal for the opponent. 

Brann have scored 28 goals in 16 league games from 800 (!) touches inside the opponents box.

Brann will have a week rest now, the federation gives the euro clubs a chance to postpone league games in between Europe qual rounds.

Norwegians viscerally hating Shaun Rooney after one game is funny to me. Should count themselves lucky, some of us have to deal with him the whole season!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Can we dial down this “Brann were great” shite please. They are a settled side who have played nearly two dozen games this season. We are a work in progress, a team in which most of the players have played two competitive games together. 

Yes Brann were much better than us tonight but that wasn’t helped by our team selection. 

I’m looking forward to Bergen next week and I see no reason why we can’t get a result. 

Brann are the best team I have seen at our stadium. They played us off the park. I counted six not just good but great saves from Balcombe. Half time they should have been winning 4-1.

We were rotten. Ayunga and Mandron were pitiful and all we did was lump high balls to them that came straight back. However Scott and Toyosi made a big difference. Hopefully they are now our two starting forwards.

Final result was robbery but I'll take it.

Thought Balcombe was immense tonight. What a signing he has turned out to be! 

Brann were excellent until they scored, their shithousery backfiring when they should have just defended and seen the game out. 

Delighted to see James Scott getting another assist. I remember him tearing us apart for Motherwell just before he got his move down south so I'm glad he's starting to show what he's really capable of again.

Despite a poor first half we never quit and we've given ourselves a fighting chance over there.  

Gogic 3:16 says "Mon the Saints!"

Credit has to go to Marcus Fraser last night, I imagine the ref and Brann player were putting him under pressure to instruct Rooney to give it back, could easily have caved and agreed.