The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

It's pedantic but it's pointless to say whether you'd be sacked if you did that at work as I've seen some folk mention, because he wasn't at his work. That being said, I would expect to be sacked if convicted of assault or a hate crime regardless of where it happened.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm in my early 30s and when I was young using 'poof' & 'gay' as an insult was a common thing. We never used it as a homophobic slur but just as a general insult. Same with going to a local cornershop, which was referred to by a blatantly racist term as were Chinese takeaways.

Once you start to realise what the connotations of these words are, they were quickly phased out and I personally think it's unforgivable for a 28 year old man to be using any of those terms as an insult. 

Once you're past the age of 12-13 you should be wise enough to know right from wrong in that regard nevermind a 28 year old f**king man so for those saying it'd be harsh to be sacked for saying 'poof', I'd say give yer head a shake.

At the very very best, it’s the sign of an imbecile who’s never grown up since they were at school.

Being dedicated to the sesh and getting into scraps are also common characteristics of this.

Police Scotland has confirmed that Rooney had been arrested and charged in connection with an assault on an 18-year-old woman and a breach of the peace, treated as a hate crime, against an 18-year-old man.

Should be at least a 10 match ban incoming, the same treatment the SFA dished out to Mr Lafferty as they set the precedence.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Surely both St JohnKKKstone and St Bar-L Mirren should be looking to remove the saint from their names?

As a non-practicing atheist I am absolutely outraged.

If someone bites will you stop your brutal patter?

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

If someone bites will you stop your brutal patter?

You must be one of the enablers.

Might have a look back at our match thread and call out all the people who encouraged Rooney. 

Edited by Sortmeout

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It appears they have corrected their typo. I don't think that warrants us questioning the entire article, as you suggest.

Ranger fan siding with BBC reporting, well this is a new twist.

The point was they got it wrong, not that they fixed it.

1 hour ago, CH01 said:

Catch a grip you absolute tool 

..do you actually think the police are there for your  benefit? :lol:

Grow up, lad, realise what the real world is about.

This obviously has nothing to do with St Mirren but this why football managers must not get much sleep. Bit of an up and down start to the season and then he’s probably had a word with Rooney I would guess about calming it down and next thing this happens.  

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You must be one of the enablers.

Might have a look back at our match thread and call out all the people who encouraged Rooney. 

VAR is culpable imo. Get rid of it, it’s dangerous. 

How long will it take for him to be seen in court? Is it not a fair bit these days? You would assume suspended until then? Im assuming hes a higher earner in the club, and could be out for a while irrespective of innocent or guilty, which isnt what we need. 

14 minutes ago, AW saint said:

On a plus point Elvis is an able stand in and deserves a shot in the side. 

Backup to Strain, Strain loses fitness, Elvis takes his place...

Backup to Rooney, Rooney "does a stupid", Elvis takes his place...

It is peak Anthony Adams meme.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

VAR is culpable imo. Get rid of it, it’s dangerous. 

I’m not quite clued up on the dates I’ve seen different comments about Wednesday just gone or the previous week but…….

…..considering the butterfly effect is it possible if VAR does its job right that Rooney doesn’t end up on this night out?  

Edited by Sortmeout

I blame Joe Wright, he should have squeezed Rooney’s haw maws much harder last Saturday.

If he’d squeezed as hard as Rooney made out by falling to the floor and greeting like a a big wean he would still be in hospital and that lassie wouldn’t have been hurt.

I hope the judge does what Dallas didn’t.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not a good look having somebody convicted of assaulting a female on the books though, if in the event he is convicted. 

Most jobs you'd be sacked for that, gross misconduct. Not sure how that's any less the case for a football club.

There's literally nonces who don't go to jail, so going by your theory you'd be happy with them playing too? 

In this age of enlightenment, should it matter that the victim was female? 

Stan Collymore's been forgiven and, IIRC, he headbutted Ulrika Jonsson, plus he attacked her - it wasn't something he did in self-defence. Personally, I find that appalling, but apparently it's not that big a deal given that other celebrities, e.g. John Leslie, was cancelled metely for allegations..

I don't actually believe you have to hit someone to be found guilty of assault. I think swinging a punch is enough, whereas if you hit them it is battery. That might just be English law, btw.